Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: When do you pack the cases?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • A week before you go, all done.

22 11.70%
  • Gradually put out ready to pack.

68 36.17%
  • Pack everything the 2 days before you go.

53 28.19%
  • Throw everything in the cases and rush out the door.

21 11.17%
  • Do you have a list and follow it?

18 9.57%
  • Always forget something, but buy when in Florida

6 3.19%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you pack the cases?

We only pack the day before we go, but as we are now owners we are also hoping to make more use of the owner's closet![msnsmile2]
    Euan

Florida Expert
    I tend to start 2 days before, then gradually add more and more right up until the last minute!!
    Chris

Gold 5 Star Member
    i'm a "gradually add to the suitcase" sort of girl

i would like to know if any husbands take responsibility for packing?, mine certainly doesn't, allthough to give him his dues he did unpack today

Mizzy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Having two young children I follow a list making sure I have everything they need then I hang all our clothes in a separate wardrobe ready to go in the cases the night before.
    I take full responsibility for the packing mainly because I have too then on the way my husband always asks did you pack this or did you pack that[msnmad] this is the point when I feel like uppacking HIM[msnwink]
    Paula

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    Having two young children I follow a list making sure I have everything they need then I hang all our clothes in a separate wardrobe ready to go in the cases the night before.
    I take full responsibility for the packing mainly because I have too then on the way my husband always asks did you pack this or did you pack that[msnmad]
    [/quote]

I think all husbands do this Paula[msnmad]

Florida Chatterbox
    Mine does that's for sure.

I fondly remember one trip where we had both had a little too much to drink - and my DH went and UNPAKCED my suitcase the night before we flew!!![msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]

I still don't know what he was thinking!!!
    Caz

Gold 5 Star Member
    We normally get everything washed and ready to pack a week or so before we go. We pack the night before we go but it can be a late night as we usually wait until the kids are in bed.
    Coming back is a different story. We are normally packing a couple of hours before we are due to leave the villa. Cathy insists on washing, drying and Ironing all the clothes before we come home.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I always get the suitcases out a couple of weeks before and keep adding to them. Just saves on the teenager son and hubby wearing it all and me keep washing it again. If it's in the case's then they can't wear it [msnwink]
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1977.aspx

Florida Expert
    One year I had a case packed 3 months before we travelled but this was because I took the kids Summer clothes down from the attic and straight into the Florida case,nowadays we take very little because we buy most stuff in Florida . There is one teeshirt I always bring its very comfy and idle for lazing in ,I dont suppose I will ever throw it out .
    Olive

Florida Newbie
    I start putting things into the spare room about a fortnight before.
    The cases get packed a couple of days before we go - hubby helps - he's better at folding than me and seeing as we split the clothes between the 2 cases [msnwink] (incase one goes missing) he does most of the folding to stop his clothes getting creased[msnwink].

Sue