Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Princess Dress

Florida Newbie

Princess Dress

Hi All,

We are going in May, and our daughter will be 6 while we are there, we have booked her in to bibbity bobbity boo boutique, to get her hair/nails and make-up done, I would like to buy a princess dress for her to wear, as we are taking her to dinner later at the 1900 park fayre. Could anyone let me know the best place to buy a reasonably priced princess dress?

Thanks alot I love this forum so many useful tips keep them going[msnsmile2]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_32659.asp
    am sure Paula aka caitlin will be able to help you with this, i think the photos have been moved now of her daughters but they did look gorgeous!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    If you wanted to get one before you go Asda had a few in last time I looked. Also, when you are in Florida I seem to remember Walmart had some in.
    Mary
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    My daughters had the makeovers in BBB last year and it was fantastic. The prices start at $35 for hair and make up, then $45 for nails too. We paid $175.00 which included hair, make up, nails, full outfit of your choice with all accessories....shoes...wand....crown and the photo shoot which I think has worth every single dime. A dress alone can cost $85 without all the accessories and the photos are just fantastic.
    Paula

Florida Chatterbox
    You can buy lovely Disney dresses in Asda and Woolworths. Or the Disney Store here. The Asda and woolies ones are lovely. You could save money and dress them in those to get their makeover. You don't have to buy them there if you are looking to save a bit of money. Maybe you could take the dress with you and buy the accessories when you are there?
    L

Florida Chatterbox
    Got lovely outfit and accessories from Woolworths for our grandaughter.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    The big Disney store in Downtown Disney stock lots of Princess dresses.
    We bought one for my 4 year old daughter on our visit last year and she loves its.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Savvy
    As we have two girls we have discovered that the British dresses are much better quality than the US dresses and they vary quite a lot in design as well. For my daughters 7th birthday last December I booked both girls in for the basic bibbity bobbity boo boutique makeover and packed two new dresses to surprise the girls with on the morning. For the birthday girl I bought the new Elizabeth Swan dress that is Gold in the UK but only comes in White in the US (and is prety naff by their own standards) this caused quite a stir as the staff had not seen it before. We also got stopped quite a few times that day and asked where to purchase the dress to which we had to say you can only get it in Woolworths in the UK lol.
    Also another couple of tips, I decided to save a few dollars and not have their nails done as I had read that the plastic nails are not very good and fall off after a few minutes, also my 4 year old bites her nails and they are miniscule so there is literally nothing there to paint! also make sure they know that your daughter is celebrating a birthday as they give a different sash to the normal one. Also even if you are not buying the photo package the photo pass people are in the salon and take lots of snaps of the girls being made up so if there is a good one you can always buy it online afterwards.
    Have a lovely time!

Florida Newbie

Hi, thanks for all the replies, great point about not being able to get the same dress over there, Heidimai I'm sure it made you daughter feel extra special!

Thanks for the tip about the nails, maybe re-think that one I thought they just got them painted
    and will look out for the photo's now and also make sure they know its her birthday.

Thanks for all your help, will post reports/photo's upon return.

Any one else been there and like to share your views with us
    [msnsmile2]