Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Something new for Star Wars fans!

Gold 5 Star Member

Something new for Star Wars fans!

The Once Upon A Toy store at Downtown Disney has a new interactive area for Star Wars fans - a "Build Your Own Lightsaber" kiosk!

The experience takes guests through nine steps in which they choose every part of their lightsaber, including the color of the blade, sleeve rings, hilt sleeves and ignition switches.

Each lightsaber features authentic Star Wars sound effects, and guests can select colored crystals and filters to cast the legendary glow of the lightsaber blade (purple, green, red or blue).

Once complete, guests proceed to the checkout where they receive batteries to power up their creation and a store-exclusive Jedi or Sith pin. Each completed lightsaber is $19.95.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Also at Downtown Disney, for Star Wars fans, there is new US Post Office mailbox outside the World of Disney store, in the style of R2D2. We just walked past it tonight, and noticed it.

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, the USPS has had these Star Wars mailbox designed, you can also get stamps and a whole host of other things during the promotion.

I'll try and take a photo of it next time we're there.

May the force be with you [msnwink]

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'd like to say my children would love this but in reality it would be my husband who gets very excited at all things Star Wars.[msnwink]
    Paula

Florida Chatterbox
    I hope they still have all this star wars stuff when I go in December???
    Caz

Florida Chatterbox
    Looking forward to taking my husband to see all this he's a real Star Wars fan...
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We attempted to build our own lightsabre in February, must admit we gave up in the end and just bought a packaged one - there was no one available to help and the directions were not easy to follow - this from someone who is very good at building MFI and Ikea furniture.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    Just laughing at this as my younger sister is out in Florida with her partner who are going to Down Town today and I could just see his face when he finds this. [msnsmile2] As he loves anything to do with Star Wars. The last time they were there During Star Wars week he stood for an hour waiting to get pics with the Dark Lord himself.[msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

Florida Chatterbox
    Buillt two lightsabres with my kids this evening, real good value just $19.99 and as many bits as you like

also saw the mailbox disguised as R2D2

Florida Newbie
    Message for CCarcher - sorry if i am wong but did you say you had a visa and how did you get on going customs?
    More to the point, where do you get the light sabres made as my two lads have got to do that.
    Thanks