Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toll Roads???

Florida Newbie

Toll Roads???

Hi going to floida next year (2008) for the first time and cannot wait.[clap][laugh]
    I'm landing at Sanford Airport and have been told that i will be using the toll roads.
    My question is this how much are the toll charges so that I can make sure I have enough change on me.
    I know this might sound like a stupid question but hey it is my first time in the states.
    Hope someone can help.
    Spanky

It depends on which road you will be using and how far you will be going.

If you're going on the 417, the first toll booth out of Sanford Airport is $2, but after that they vary between 50 cents and one dollar.

We travel down to the end of the 417 and usually spend around $4-6 in total depending on whether we join in from Sanford or Orlando airport.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Hi its a while since I travelled all the way from Sanford on the 417 Tol Road, but if my memory served me right I think its just over $7 in tolls. Most tolls are $1.00 but I think there was 1 that was $2.00. The very last toll if you ar etravelling all the way to the end of the 417 is 75cents.
    All toll booths give change but you need small denomination notes. If you don't have any small notes but a drink or something at the airport so you have low denomination notes.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that the last toll is unmanned and that you need to have the right change, so may be best to save up 4 or 5 quarters for that one!
    May be an idea to post your question again nearer the time of travel, as the toll charges may have altered!
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Hi it's me again

Sorry should have mentioned that I land at Sanford and are going to my villa in Orlando.
    Do not know what roads I will be taking (That my I have sat nav..lol)
    Hope this helps.
    But thanks for the info anyway.
    Spanky

If you land outside of rush hour and to avoid the toll road (417) from Sandford, take a look at the various online maps or even your sat nav if you have the US maps loaded. Look for the I4 which is the main route from the north-east of florida thru to tampa.
    Wilf & Sarah

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I would suggest the I4 if you are outside of the usual rush hour.

Another way I have gone is the 417 to MCO airport and then taken the 528, this cuts the tolls down a bit.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    says available from april 30th 2007 so wonder if it might help

http://www.expresswayauthority.com/m...lculator.shtml

directions to various places also, available now

http://www.expresswayauthority.com/m...rections.shtml
    tezz 7628

The only unmanned exit pay toll that I know of is at Celebration - there may be more and I just haven't exited from them.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Thank you for everone who has replied your advice has been a great help.[msnsmile2][clap]
    Spanky