Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toll Roads???

If you do find yourself at an unmanned toll exit without change there is no barrier but they will take a photo of your number plate. Don't panic, we were told by a local cop that they will not normally prosecute a tourist for one or two transgressions, only persistent offenders. [msnsmile]
    Roger

http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1083.aspx

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Roger
    I'm so glad you put that last post on--On our very first visit some years ago I arrived at an unmanned toll booth with no change at all-I pulled over and got out and walked round the booth I even held a $20 up to what i think was the camera mouthing "sorry no change"--every time I've been back since I've been half expecting to get a hand on my shoulder for my 75 cents!!

Florida Chatterbox
    Around $7 we paid out last November. You'll have $'s to go out on vacation with just change some at the airport.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

I would certainly recommend using the 417 toll road. The tolls are really cheap and well worth the small amount they charge as you will find the roads far less busy. This is much better when you are adjusting to driving on the 'wrong' side of the road [msnwink] The driving is really simple and it is well signposted, so I would go for this road every time.

The final toll booth at Celebration is, indeed, unmanned and you will need 50c, so make sure you have a couple of quarters handy. They will give you change at any of the toll booths on the way. One tip is make sure you do not go down the Sunpass lanes as these are only for those with a special transponder which allows them to drive straight through. Come over to the right hand side to access the booths which give change.
    ellie

Ellie is right that the 417 is a lot better.

We used to use the I-4 and try getting used to that at ruch hour!
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

417 everytime for us. It is easy driving and as Ellie says apart from the last one the tolls are all manned. Just make sure you have a note less than $50 for the first toll though as they will not accept $50 notes.
    Jill and Brian

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    417 for us. Trouble free especially after a long flight[^]
    mike

Florida Newbie
    Thank you for the tips will prob use the 417.
    Have got sat nav in with car so hopefully won't get lost.
    Will let you know how it went.
    [msnwink][msnsmile2]
    Spanky

wrpac00
    Always used the I4, never had a problem.[msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    We always take the I4 from Sanford - have never used the 417 Toll Road.

Caz