Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For anyone living in Kent

Florida Chatterbox

For anyone living in Kent

Hi all - I said I would keep you posted...

My 17 year old daughter now has her own business, it's a Paint your own Pottery Studio and Gift Shop located in Rochester, Kent.

She has been doing the pottery for a while now, as some of you may already know she did the Personalised Christmas Stockings for some forum members

How it works:-

Come along choose your piece of pottery - prices start from as little as £2.00 - a basic mug is £5.00. There is also a studio fee payable which is priced according to the type of paint you use. Acrylic is the cheapest and also means you can take the item away with you on the day. The other way is to use underglaze paint, the pottery then has to have a top glaze and refired. Items such as mugs, plates and anything that needs to be waterproof has to be glazed.

She does baby hand and foot prints onto mugs and plates. Then she add personalised details such as name, date etc

She has had people travel from a distance as she is the only studio in about a 25 mile radius.

We are proud of her as she is presently doing her A Levels (I have given up work to cover the studio when she cannot be there, only downside she isn't paying me!) and is hoping to go on to the local Arts University.

Located at 335 High Street, Rochester, Kent ME1 1DA tel 01634 400151

I have attached a photo

Florida Expert
    Hi Theresa, Could you ask her if she could do a teapot, it's for a friend of mine in the US, she wants a black lid and the rest of the teapot in a rich buttermilk colour, strange order I know but she wants to match up. I live in the potteries (Stoke-on-Trent) and I am finding it difficult to source someone to do this which seems rather strange for this area. I could supply a plain white teapot.
    Dorothy

I am looking for some very small name plates for my bedroom doors as I have decided to name each room.

I have looked everywhere and can only seem to get larger house name plates and nothing small enough to put onto an internal door. Just looking for something small in with perhaps a white background with the name of the room in attractive script.

Is this something she can do?

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

wrpac00
    That looks like the type of thing the wife would be into and we are only a few miles away.[msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi all thanks for your interest

Dorothy - the tea pot needs to be unglazed. Rebecca said she will try to source one out for you, but if you are able to get one yourself she can paint and glaze it for you.

Dianna - she is able to do the door plaques, she has one in the shop which I will take a photo of. You can have different shapes, a tile which is approx 5 3/4" wide by 4" and appox 1/4" thick. This can either be held on with double sided pads or she can make holes in the tile for ribbon to go through. A small circle with a dia of approx 2 3/4". A petal approx 4" at the two widest points. A Victorian style bath and a child with a towel. I have attached a photo below

Paul - Let your wife know that we do have late evenings at the studio so if she and a group of friends want to book they are more than welcome. They can bring drink and food with them.

Thanks
    Theresa

good luck to your daughter, sounds great!!!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ideal place for the next forum meet
    Babblin Boo

Theresa,

I've sent you a DM.

Thanks.
    Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    I wish we lived a bit nearer i would have loved to have a look round.Good luck to your daughter.

Debbie
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2016.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hi Theresa, We are off to Sunny Fl on Tuesday, yipee, but as soon as I am back I will source a teapot, unglazed, thank you. Good Luck to your Daughter in her venture.
    Dorothy