Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aer lingus to restart dublin - orlando route

aer lingus to restart dublin - orlando route

Little snippet in the orlando sentinel today that says Aer lingus will be starting (or restarting) it's flights to Orlando's MCO airport in the fall. [msnsmile2]
    Wilf & Sarah

Great News [msnsmile2] Can't see anything on the web site yet [msnscared] but will telephone them lunch time as we fly out end of October [msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    This is the press release- no news of when it starts though !!!
    Alison

Aer Lingus welcomes confirmation of Open Skies and announces new US destinations

San Francisco, Orlando and Washington Dulles

Aer Lingus has hailed today's (Thursday, 22 March 2007) ratification of the Open Skies agreement in Brussels as a momentous development for Irish aviation and has confirmed plans to commence three new long haul services to the US before the end of the year.

San Francisco, Orlando and Washington Dulles will become new Aer Lingus destinations, with services from Dublin to San Francisco expected to start in October. The expansion will increase Aer Lingus' US destinations from four to seven and will lead to significantly increased traffic between Ireland and the US.

Welcoming the confirmation of Open Skies, Dermot Mannion, chief executive of Aer Lingus said: "Aer Lingus has waited a long time for this momentous day and to be able to fully exploit the potential to significantly grow long haul traffic between Ireland and the US. We are taking delivery of two new A330 long haul aircrafts this summer and, with the proceeds of the IPO, are financially resourced and strongly positioned to start three new long haul routes to the US before the end of the year. Finally, Aer Lingus can offer the increased choice of US destinations that our customers want and that will contribute to the continued growth of Aer Lingus as a profitable and independent company."

Dublin, 22nd March 2007

Florida Savvy
    This is great news. Thanks.
    Helen

Florida Chatterbox
    I thought they already flew there???[msnembarrased]
    Caz

Flights stopped in January 2006 due to a Union dispute. On the radio this afternoon they hope to have the flights in Place by end of October. The previous flight were done on a charter basis, the new flights will be regular service. [msnsmile2]

Happy Days...direct flights again.

I wonder if this will be only a seasonal route?
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    I was once told that you clear immigration and customs before you take off when you fly from Ireland.

Was someone pulling my little legs??[msnembarrased]
    Caz

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    No - you clear immigration in Ireland and thus just go direct to Customs on arrival in the US. We did it when we went to LAX last year and it saved us a lot of time.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CCollins
    I was once told that you clear immigration and customs before you take off when you fly from Ireland.

Was someone pulling my little legs??[msnembarrased]
    [/quote]