Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel queries

Florida Junior

Travel queries

Our holiday is days away! Yipee!
    We've decided to fly indirect this time and I have a few questions...
    Do we need to re confirm our flights 72 hours beforehand - Does any one know the process for this ( Delta and continental airlines)
    Also with ref to hand luggage - are we ladies now not allowed to take a small hand bag inside our hand luggage?
    Help please!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi you can put your hand luggage inside your other hand luggage but you are only allowed to take one piece through secutiry. It ook both separately when I went on the plane a couple of weeks ago with no problem, its only for the check.
    I don't think many airlines insist on the 72 confirmation now but you dont mention which route you are taking indirectly, it may be worth a call to whatever number you have on your confirmation if you are arriving via the North East as they have had severe weather problems for a couple of days which may conitune for a couple more and just check your flight hasnt been cancelled or rescheduled. Also you can make sure they have direct contact detail sin case the situation changes in the next few days.
    Babblin Boo

You don't need to reconfirm your flight before you leave the UK but as Babblin Boo says, it sometimes is a good idea and if there are changes they will be able to tell you, although they usually let you know by email. We usually reconfirm from Florida the day before - ask when you leave UK for the number.

Yes, you can take your handbag but it must be inside any other hand luggage. Don't forget to take your small zipper plastic bag to put your toiletries in separately. They had run out at Gatwick in January and it was causing chaos!!!

Have a great holiday and enjoy.

Sandra

I think it's always worth checking flight times a day or 2 before departure as late changes do happen. Last summer my sister flew to Orlando with Virgin and was due to return on their early evening flight -fortunatley she rang the airline to check on their latest security list for carry-on luggage to be told their flight had been merged with the early afternoon flight -they literally had time to jump in the car & get to the airport -Virgin had not contacted them to notify the change!
    Jeanette

Florida Junior
    Thanks for all your help - I'd be lost without my little backpack so am glad to have hand luggage clarified...
    Now we just need totrack down the relevant numbers to check on flight schedules etc.

The one piece of handbaggage rule only applies to London airports, so you need to leave space in your handbaggage for your hand bag for the first security check, after that, you can take it out.
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    Does it not apply to all UK airports?
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alastair
    [/quote]

Yes, but it seems to be much more firmly enforced at BAA airports.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alastair
    [/quote]

It definitely applied when we last flew from Cardiff airport.
    Maureen Green

Florida Expert
    It was applied strongly at Manchester in late Jan. I could not fit it into my laptop bag so had to undo suitcase to pack it in there.... good job I had left enough room.
    Mary
    Mary