Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can it really be two years?

Florida Newbie

Can it really be two years?

My memory of that day with the images flashing on the television and the sheer disbelief of what occurred, its hard to believe it was 2 years ago.

I hope some of the pain has eased for all families and friends that lost loved ones in these awful terrorist attacks.

God Bless America. XXXXX

Karen

Awful to think it is 2 years isn't it?

I saw a really moving programme on the TV a couple of nights ago, they followed 2 companies who had been in WTC1 and WTC2. One had lost 1 employee, one lost over 50.

It was so sad, and some of the people have recovered, and some have obviously not, and perhaps never will.

I'm lighting my candles tomorrow night, (and getting my US flag badge to wear) but it does seem not a big fuss being made.
    Fiona

I'm thinking of the victims and their families on this second anniversary of that very tragic day.

God Bless America xxxx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Can't believe it's two years since we all saw with growing horror those awful events unfolding before our eyes live on TV.

We'll be thinking today of all those relatives in 69 countries who were sadly bereaved on that terrible day.

We normally have two huge flags (Union Jack and Stars and Stripes) in our porch on 9/11 but my husband stored them somewhere and I can't find them at the minute so thinking rather than overt demonstration will be for all those people who lost loved ones.
    blott

Florida Expert
    Yes, It it very hard to believe 2 years has past. It will always be a sad day in all our lives and one never to forget.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    My thoughts are with all the families who sadly lost loved ones, this day two years ago.

Stay strong everyone.
    Maureen
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/803.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We will never forget those horrible images that have been burned into our minds. My young children were terrified, and our schools were dismissed early. We, too, have been flying a flag on our porch since that day two years ago. Let's keep the victims' families always in our prayers.
    Teresa

Florida Expert
    It does semm only such a short time ago that those terrible events happened. I have felt such sadness all day, my thoughts and prayers for those who lost loved ones.

Florida Savvy
    Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who lost a loved one on that dreadfull day

God Bless America xxxx
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    I am up early (5 a.m. here) w/coffee and thought this was one area of the site I hadn't read and maybe I would take a look.

Thank you for these two posts. I was on leave of absence from work on 9/11; had finished a grueling legal trial (my work) just a few wks before and took some deserved time off. I was jogging in the neighborhood and heard it on the headphones I had on. Although I live a few miles from Washington D.C., my children were at a private school very very close to the Pantagon. I have never driven in such a state, I went so fast to pick them up. Of course, when I ran into their classroom (I was the 1st parent to get to the school) they knew nothing. How their lives have changed since then, they lost alot of innocence that day. We all did.
    I have read in the papers here that somewhere around 97% of the vistim's families have applied for the govt. sponsored funds to assist them. There was an article just this wk. about a man whose wife was killed in the Pentagon. He had driven into work w/her and the kids and just dropped her off at her office and gone to his; the kids were in the day care center at the Pentagon. He is getting two million dollars from the fund and has used most of it to set up foundations to help troubled children.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the memorial in NY. I think it matters more what the families who were personally affected feel. It is hard to get that many people to agree over such an emotional issue. But somehow in Oklahoma City they were able to get a good amount of agreement from the victim's families about the memorial design (168 empty concrete chairs, one for each victim) I thought that at least personalized the loss, like having the names of each fallen soldier engraved at the Vietnam War Memorial.
    You guys are great putting this area on the site. You didn't have to do it, it's a Florida site, and from what I can see the majority of more active participants are British.
    As Bush would say (and I certainly don't agree w/him on all things, but I do on this), God Bless America. And God bless the Brits too.