Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: biggest speed boat ride ever!

Florida Chatterbox

biggest speed boat ride ever!

Hi someone told me todat that near clearwater there is a speedboat ride, apparantly it is the largest speadboat ride in the world and on it you are guaranteed to have dolphins come up to the boat.
    I have never heard of this trip/tour/ride has anyone else?
    thanks
    27 more sleeps for me yipee
    Carrie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think they call it the Sea Screamer and yes you do get to see dolphins. They actually guarantee it and if you dont you get a return ride. We did it about 4 years ago and its well worth it. The boat goes out several times a day.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Here's the link to the Sea Screamer http://www.seascreamer.com/boat_rides_clearwater1.htm
    We've done it a couple of times now. Try to get to the very back of the boat because that's where you get the best view of the dolphins if they play in the boats wake. We've got some wonderful pictures of just that!! Have fun[msnsmile2]

wrpac00
    Was going to do that in August but the cancelled the trip we wanted to do so we went on Thriller http://www.thrillerboatrides.com/. This is not specifically a Dolphin spotting trip but we did stop 3 times when they were spotted, they swam in the wake of the boat. Everybody had teh opportunity to drive this converted F1 off-shore powerboat.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Sea Screamer is excellent - we've done it several times.

Probably best to take a video camera rather than take still photos - the first time we went we had loads of snaps of the sea as every timne the dolphins jumped out of the water we weren't quick enough!

Carole

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh - and another tip - sit at the back of the boat for the best view!

Carole

Florida Expert
    Well worth it. When we went it was very quiet and only a few of us on the boat. Watch out for the seagulls though - make sure you throw the bread a good distance.
    Mary
    Mary

Florida Expert
    Dolphins love speedboats and manatees hate them. Luckily mantees wont be found in the gulf area where the Screamer goes but more in the shallower back waters. Dolphins love to play around the waves of the boat and you will see just how fast they swim. It is a wonderful sight.

Mike and Kath.

Florida Chatterbox
    that sounds like great fun - another thing to add to my 'to do' list
    Caz

Florida Expert
    Just had a look at their website and the prices seem very reasonable
    Nic