Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Meal

Florida Expert

Memorable Meal

What is your most memorable meal in Florida, where was it and what made it so special.

Mine was at the Race Rock and it was memorable purely because it was the first restaraunt we went to on our first trip to Florida. We had wanted to go there very early on in the planning stages, had printed off the menus and, for me, was the pinch in the arm I needed that said 'We are finally here'

If anyone does go there remember to pop around the back of the car park and have your picture taken with Big Foot.

Pegasus

Gold 5 Star Member
    Most memorable and lovely for the children was the meal we had at Liberty Tavern in MK. The girls were delighted when the characters came to our table.

Also memorable because it was so awful was Planet Hollywood.[sick]
    Paula

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Ours was at the Salt Rock Grill near I think-Indian Beach on Gulf side. The food, ambience and Service is absolutely out of this world. eg-I am the driver so was drinking Seven up-my wife and the girls were drinking coke-the waiter came round and refilled the girls glasses with coke and then, I swear, poured from the same jug into mine, at which point I said -that mine was Seven up to which he replied- " I'll think you'll find it still is , sir" It was full of Seven up-I don't know to this day how he did it!! The steaks are to die for though and the views of the waterways are magnificent-Go if you can!

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    For me, its the Cheesecake Factory.

The first time we went, we were with our Friends from the US, was overwhelmed with the choice, and then the waitress came and took our order, there was 8 of us in all. Hubby noticed she wasn't writing anything down about the orders, and she told him if she gets anything wrong the meal would be no charge. We were so full, we ended up with boxes of food to take away.
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    we had so many memorable meals and dining experiences it's been hard to choose but i think for me it would have to be the Fultons Crab House at DTD, it was our last day so perhaps memorable for being bittersweet

we had a huge circular table and the waiter covered it in a paper cloth and gave the children crayons and pencils with which they proceeded to make a water themed mural all over it, we also moved around the table every ten minutes or so to let them work on the next bit the waiter was ultra impressed with the childrens effort and brought them all complimentary non alcoholic cocktails[msnsmile]

the table was in a sectioned area with no neighbouring tables and what with excellent food and service we felt like we where the only guests dining

Mizzy

Had many memorable meals but what we really miss is a lazy sunday morning at a decent IHOP.
    I also really enjoyed the breakfast room at the Breakers Palm Beach, excellent eggs benedict and the room is amazing.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pegasus928
    What is your most memorable meal in Florida, where was it and what made it so special.

Mine was at the Race Rock and it was memorable purely because it was the first restaraunt we went to on our first trip to Florida. We had wanted to go there very early on in the planning stages, had printed off the menus and, for me, was the pinch in the arm I needed that said 'We are finally here'

If anyone does go there remember to pop around the back of the car park and have your picture taken with Big Foot.

Pegasus
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    Had many memorable meals but what we really miss is a lazy sunday morning at a decent IHOP.[/quote]Aaah, I agree Martin. With a pint of fresh orange juice too?
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Mizzy
    Is the food at Fultons good for children and are they very welcome? Dh really fancies eating there and was not sure.

L

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
    Mizzy
    Is the food at Fultons good for children and are they very welcome? Dh really fancies eating there and was not sure.

Lx
    [/quote]

we had lunch and the server was lovely with the children, like i said he was very sweet with them giving them free cocktails and plenty of praise for their artwork[clap]

age wise the children were 11, 11, 8, 6yrs at the time, everyone enjoyed the food and we all wished we'd tried it earlier on in the holiday so we could go back[msncry]

Mine was my recent birthday at Victoria and Alberts, it was an experience in it's own right....superb food and first class service.[msnsmile2]

Our first ever meal in Florida was breakfast at Denny's many years ago, we loved it.
    We were probably the only people who walked there as well[msneek] tramping along the grass verges of the 192 long before the sidewalks were built, we only walked the once[msnwink]

Liz