Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes In March/April

Florida Chatterbox

Mosquitoes In March/April

Are they likely to be on the attack?

Will the pool mesh keep them out?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Never seen or been bitten by a mosquito in eleven years of travelling to Florida for about 10 weeks a year during every single month of the year, although they can't keep away from me in Europe.

Yes, if there are any, the pool mesh should keep bugs out as long as you keep the doors closed. Most Florida homes have pest control, which includes the outside, on a regular basis.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ditto Blott. I am always eaten alive by mozzies in Europe but have never so much as had one bite in Florida!

Carole

I got bitten big time by walking around a lake in Orlando in August so you guys have been lucky, also got bitten in Clearwater many years ago[msnscared]

Florida Savvy
    My husband got bitten in florida april 2005, my fault though, I left the car door open in the dark and the lights must of attracted them! They didn't bite me though!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    I got bitten big time by walking around a lake in Orlando in August so you guys have been lucky, also got bitten in Clearwater many years ago[msnscared]
    [/quote]I dunno about lucky but we have enough lakes around our home and I've still never seen one or been bitten by one.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Like Blott, we have never been bitten by them in all the years we have been going!

The pharmacy will help you on any product you may need to repell them if needed. (Walgreens, Walmart etc)

Its one place we don't think about of having them because we have never suffered!!
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Chatterbox
    Have been bitten in April when we visited Kennedy space centre and were walking about outside, also bittin in December when walking around the lake at Celebration, so they are there, however have been to Orlando many more times than this and not been bitten, so I think it depends where you go.

Kim Mc

Gold 5 Star Member
    I thought the main purpose of the mesh screen on pools and balconies was to keep out Mosquitoes and bugs.

There are mosquitoes everywhere in Florida. If you want more information from Florida environment agencies just 'Google'
    'mosquitoes florida'

Last villa we stayed in had a light on the outside of the pool mesh and if you left it on you would see thousands of mossies.

I do hate to say this but I do notice some sugar coated posts on here sometimes[msnscared]