Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cypress Gardens - Is it worth It

Florida Chatterbox

Cypress Gardens - Is it worth It

In all my years going to Florida never visited Cypress Gardens

always used to think of it as a large very nice garden centre with some mermaid show, and a viewing tower

but from something I read yesterday it appears an awful lot of changes took place around 2004/2005

Sounds as though its now a great kind of more tradditional and relaxed, old Florida style park, with some great rides of a more gentle type for younger kids

My two are 4 & 5 when we visit in July for 4 weeks

would people recomend including it in our schedule

Gold 5 Star Member
    We visited here for the first time last summer and found it to be a perfect parks for my daughter then aged 4 and 10. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it especially with the age of your children.
    I did write a review which you can find here.
    http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/florida-t...gardens-2.aspx

Don't forget to take your swimwear if you do go as there is a small water park too which not at all on the same level as the Disney water parks it's fun and cooling.
    I don't know whether you have little boys or girls but you can hire Southern Belle costumes too.
    Here are a few pics of my daughters all dressed up.
    http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_32661.asp
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Yes, it's perfect for younger kids.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi yes found your article and I think it will be certainly on our schedule

sounds kind of ideal for my son 5 and daughter 4, and good introduction and chance to aclimatise, to the parks of Florida for them, and for us as parents

And the water park will definately be on our trip

do you know if entrance is covered on any of the other park ticket such as flex ticket etc

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't think any other park tickets cover the admission for this.
    It's around $45 per adult and $40 per child. When we went they were giving a free day pass for each one you bought so we went twice within the week.
    Paula

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We went in February, pirced were $44.95 for adults and $39.95 for children (plus tax of course. Plenty of rides - we didn't queue for any and stayed on some several times. this price goves you a 2nd day free if you upgrade at Guests services and you have 6 days to use the free day in.
    We acyually upgraded to Passposrts, good for the whole of 2007. Only $25 dollars extra and you get free parking included. We did this as we are back for 3 weeks in the summer and thought we would try the water park out.
    Some fo the rides are also still very thrilling so if you want thrill rides you can still get them, and if you hunt around there are loads of rides for the younger children.
    Don't forget to vist the animals, at the shows the children get a chance to stroke some of the unusaul animals. One thing that made me laugh though was one of the wallabies had just had a baby and it was an albino, the press were making a big thing of this. If I go to my local Safari Park (woburn) there are loads of these. Just unusual in America I think.
    Christine

We went in October with my mother, she thought the gardens and butterflys were fantasic.
    We enjoyed the the coasters as there is something for all ages! If you have little girls have a look at the southern belle where they can dress up in wonderful dresses etc. Then for the boys or men in the family there is a fantastic model railway set up at the back of one of the shops. [msnsmile2] I think i have some photos at home I will try post later!

It is well worth the trip, and is a far more relaxing day out. They even have dodgem cars which my boys love.
    Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes it is worth going. [msnsmile2]
    Paula

We went last December and our little boy, Barney (5) loved it. It was very quiet when we were there and he was able to stay on the kid's rides as long as he wanted!

He also stroked a baby alligator (with his jaws strapped up!) and a bearded dragon lizard.

Due to the time of year, the water park was closed.

I would say 4 and 5 is the ideal age for Cypress Gardens. We have gota soft spot for it as we got married there in 2001!

Jude
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx