Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question for the ladies?

Gold 5 Star Member

question for the ladies?

when it comes to cosmetics, toiletries and packing

does anyone actually manage to go minimalist and not take every item in their make up bag, drawer and bathroom cupboard on holiday with them?[msneek]

i seem to have a big problem with this, and i was wondering

is this a general womans quirk do you think or does anyone actually manage to achieve the impossible and leave most of their make up and non essential toiletries at home?

Mizzy my make up bag comes everywhere with me but I only take basic toiletries as I get them once we get to Florida[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I travel with only the minimum of make up in my make up bag, normally just Mascara and touché éclat. I buy all the toiletries once in Florida though.

If the weather is hot when you go you won't need much make up anyway.[msnwink] It's the only time I can get away with wearing none.
    Paula

I buy all my make up and toileties in FLORIDA because they are cheaper even in walmart compared to asda walmart here and and other stores have discount on a lot of things when sales on .
    As said before you will only need a little as the sun gives you colour .
    Enjoy your holiday .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Mizzy I take the small bottles of cleanser, toner etc that you get with the promotions, and buy my european stuff at the airport. I will take 1 eye make up, mascara and eye pencil with me, and then buy while out there. The touche eclat goes everywhere with me while travelling!

I do like to take the little pots of face cream for the plane because I use them to stop my skin drying out too much, and I usually have some hand cream as well. How I am going to get it all into this tiny clear bag is another matter[msnmad].

I always have dreams of travelling light, don't achieve it very often! I do get everything out on the bed prior to packing and then go through and at least halve it!
    Fiona

Florida Expert
    Hi Mizzy

I only take a cream to powder foundation compact, mascara and a nice lip gloss with me, with my usual cleansing wipes. I buy the rest at Walmart - even the sun protection as I found an excellent one over there. I even buy extra to bring home to use on the kids when we get the sun over here (I know it doesn't happen very often)!!

I think it takes a couple of trips to Florida til you get use to the idea of travelling light(er) [msnsmile2]

Elaine

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I only take the real basics for the plane, such as lip gloss, small tube of moisturiser and wetwipes/tissues as I leave everything at the villa or buy once I get there. I don't tend to wear makeup in the heat unless it is a decent nightout.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    Tinted moisteriser, waterproof mascara, tinted lip-gloss face wipes and thats about it for me buy what I need when I get over there.
    I feel I have nearly perfected the whole packing light thing,(apart from flip-flops [msneek])
    kym

Florida Chatterbox
    I take my mascara and buy the rest in Florida,a good excuse for all new make-up.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

I just take moisturiser wipes for the plane, the rest I leave at our villa or buy out in FL.

Now, if only I could be just as economical with shoes ........ [msnembarrased]

I have duplicates of my favourite pairs in both the UK and FL, but I still find myself taking half a dozen back and forth with, of course, matching handbags.

I am determined to fly one day without any checked luggage at all. My husband always laughs hysterically when I say this, no idea why. [msnwink]

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx