Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Villa Rental = Real Savings

Florida Expert

Villa Rental = Real Savings

As a shift worker I find I spend a lot of my time, especially on a night shift, chatting the night away - if only to make the shift pass by quicker.
    My main topic of conversation is Florida as a couple of the people I work with have also been a few times, so we like to compare notes.
    One of these chats last week led to me showing a mate the villas I have stayed in over the last couple of years, and the one we are staying in next year.
    As there will be 7 of them going he had started to plan for booking 3 - possibly 4 - hotel rooms which was going to end up costing him somewhere in the region of £1800 for 2 weeks. [msnoo] [msnscared]
    Once he had seen what was on offer, and for what price, he has now decided that a villa is the best option and is in the process of booking one from this site - saving himself around £600. (Worth noting that the hotels they were looking at weren't even at the top of the range or Disney - just a roof over their heads off I-Drive)
    So well done to all you villa owners for giving people like us the chance to spend our money on the fun things that Florida has to offer - not to mention the freedom, privacy and independance that can only come from a villa holiday.[clap] [beer] [clap]

Pegasus

Hi
    I will never forget the first time we rented a villa in Florida
    It was our third visit and we too had previously stayed in hotels[msnscared]
    We were delayed on our flight and went with friends
    We had never hired a car before and we had the 12 seater[msnscared]
    We arrived in a storm and all of the children were very tired
    They were all fast a sleep in the van when we arrived and weren't very happy being made to wake up
    This all changed the minute we saw the villa
    We all just ran around saying wow, wow, wow.........
    The children jumped in to the pool in thier clothes, it was amazing
    Even though now we own our own villa in Florida i will never forget that first time[msnwink]

Dawn
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2975.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    A nice sentiment indeed Pegasus, however there is an even better way to look at villas. Better? Can it be true I hear you ask? Oh yes! Read on ...

Take that £1800 for two weeks that your friend was going to spend on what would turn out to be, at best, average accomodation and at worst, well something very grotty.

Rather than trying to save money on what many consider to be the most important part their holiday (the villa), instead look at villas in that same cost bracket (say £1800 for two weeks) and you will see straight away that you are looking at premier league accomodation, rather than having to go lower on quality in order to skimp on budget.

You should notice an immediate step-up in terms of the internal space available in these villas (perfect for larger groups) as well as vastly improved furniture, fixtures, etc. You can spend a day by the pool looking out over lakes, golf courses and fields rather than being overlooked from all sides and all angles. You should have widescreen TVs, PCs, wireless internet, playstations, x-boxes, games rooms, etc. You are up in the 5* bracket for sure.

Now if you were to look for hotel accomodation at that same level of quality you have to look towards the very top end. Your price for three or four rooms for two weeks is closer to 18 thousand pounds than it is to 18 hundred.

Now that's value for money!

Not to be confused with cheap. Cheap is as cheap does. You know what you are paying for and so cannot claim surprise or disappointment when you get it. Value for money on the other hand, that's a whole different concept. Take that 18 thousand pound hotel accomodation and get the same quality from a villa at a fraction of the cost.

More and more people seem to be wising up to this as these supervillas are now booking up one or even two years into the future.
    Steve

A lot of people go to FLORIDA for the first time get hooked as we say and the want something more .
    If you look at these sites on here you will get a lovely suprise and know they are all privatly owned as they have to be vierifed as who says own them do and not a company .
    Enjoy loooking and happy holidays .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    Not to mention all the money you save just eating one meal a day at the villa. I love the idea in the morning of waking up and making my own coffee and not going down to the restaurant.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Expert
    We like the flexibility of 'self catering' too. That doesn't mean you are tied to the kitchen - we eat out probably more than we eat in. But we have those days where the pool is so appealing or, you want to watch the sun go down from the hot tub or you just don't want to be in a restaurant.

Then we raid the mamouth fridge which is crammed full of super salads, pizza, cooked chicken etc fresh fruit salad etc bought fresh from the Publix supermarket just down the road.

Self catering isn't hard work - it just gives you lots more options.

If you've got little children a villa is a godsend , as you can tuck them into bed when they are all moused out and enjoy the space and privacy of the villa. Sneak into the hot tub and truly relax. No tiptoeing round a hotel rooom so they can sleep while you just exist.

Book a villa and everyone gets the sort of holiday they want.
    Jo

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    The first time we went to Florida we as many do stayed in Suites in I Drive, it was OK, but with a family, it was cramped and difficult to have quality time. We had to share the pool with many others and on the days when we just wanted to go back to our accommodation and relax it just wasn't possible. Sharing a pool is OK, if you have great accommodation, I Drive was not exactly great accommodation and cost a fortune for the privilege.

We have taken our children to Florida from early ages the first was 11 months old, the middle 9 months and the youngest was just 6 weeks old when she went to Florida, when you stay in suites with people above and below, you have to consider them too, they are on holiday and don't want to be disturbed by your children.

Villas are just soooo easy, you can come and go as you please, you can cook if you want, or even better BBQ, you can ring take out to be delivered, your children can watch TV and you can open the blinds so you can see them from your sun lounger, you don't have to worry about anyone else apart form you and your family and enjoying a fantastic holiday.

Villa holidays really are the best and not just from a cost perspective
    Tracy
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3207.aspx

It is always nice to hear people say that villas are cheaper than a hotel room. You would think that it would be the other way round, but this is not the case. Villas charge for the whole house, not per bed (or room). Plus you get loads of extra space and don't feel you are living on top of others. The reason we booked a villa many years ago was the amount of facilities you get for your money. Most villas have all the extras (internet, free calls, pool etc).

And if you go with another family it is even cheaper!
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Expert
    After doing the villa holiday for the last 2 years - yes we are still newbies - we cannot see ourselves settling for a hotel room ever again (unless its at the airport on the way to a holiday villa) even if we decide to holiday in Europe sometime in the future.

Pegasus