Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: directions north or south?

Gold 5 Star Member

directions north or south?

my villa owner has given me two sets of directions from mco to the villa

one says south via central florida greenway

and then the other says north via the bee line express way

we are staying at glenbrook of the US27 and we have also hired a sat nav and given the car hire people our villas address to program in

can i ask does anyone know which direction we will be sent in[msnscared] and is one route easier than the other?

suddenly it seems such a lot to take in

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the reason that they've probably given you the 'south' or 'north' direction is that you'll find that's what it says on the road signs. The directions I give our guests is to follow a road sign that says 'north' even though they're going south!

You could find that the sat nav directions will be exactly the same as one of the the ones you've received from the owner. The sat nav will usually work out the quickest route for you so personally, I'd follow that.

Here's another set using the 192 if you're more comfortable with that.

From Orlando International Airport MCO:
    Take the Airport South exit to 417 and take 417 Greenway South.
    Exit at Celebration Avenue and turn right.
    At the traffic light, turn left on Highway 192 West.
    Proceed past the Disney main gate entrance about seven miles.
    Proceed onto Highway 27 North.
    Go approximately one mile, until the third traffic light, and turn right.

BTW, the Beeline Expressway is now called the Beachline Expressway or the Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway but it's State Road 528.

Both the Beachline (SR 528) and Central Florida Greenway State Road (SR 417) are toll roads. You'll need some $1 or small denomination bills so make sure that you get these in the UK or by purchasing something at the airport and getting change.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    but that's the problem Blott, i've been emailed two sets of directions (both from mco to the villa) from the owner[msnscared]

different routes, same destination, one must be easier for a first timer behind the wheel?

Gold 5 Star Member
    There isn't much difference between them Mizzy. You will probably also find that both routes end up on 192 west, and from there it's the same directions to Glenbrook.

For what it's worth I tend to find 417 (via the south exit from MCO) a bit quieter most times.

If you use the Celebration exit off 417 (as per Blottie's directions) you will need a couple of quarters. There is an unmanned toll on that exit and you need a couple of quarters for it. I don't think it takes dollar bills or cards.

If you want to avoid this (and we usually do) we go to the end of 417 where it joins onto I-4. We then take I-4 west down to exit 55 and at exit 55 pick-up hwy-27 north. It's a few miles longer but it always feels quicker because there are hardly any traffic lights.
    Steve

I have pasted below the directions we give to our guests from Orlandi International. Hopefully, they should match up with one set of directions you have.

Regards, Mark

wrpac00
    I use the same way Mark has shown.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don't want to confuse things - I have used the same route as Steve (Snapper) but would imagine there's very little difference between his and Marks suggestion.
    If you're using sat nav why not wait and see which route it takes you?
    Julie

417 is probably longer,and a bit more boring as it skirts around the perimeter, whereas 528 [beeline/beachline]is a direct route with more to see on it -first glimpse of seaworld etc

Florida Savvy
    Hi Mizzy
    If i am out without hubby and i have to drive i use the same as Snapper (Steve) i find this route fine i also have a villa on Glenbrook. On my next visit in April i am taking sat nav just so i can venture further afield and hopefuly will find my way back. [msneek]

Florida Chatterbox
    Another vote for Snapper's route apart from the fact I would use exit 58 rather than 55.