Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: directions north or south?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thornton
    As one who has a villa very close to Glenbrook I would think that the the 417, then Osceola Parkway and then 192 onto the 192 then 27 would be the best way.[/quote]Our normal route is Osceola onto Sherberth, Black Lake Rd onto 192 but think that route is too complicated to give to guests.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    now you've got me wondering which way the sat nav will direct us[msneek]

Mizzy

Florida Expert
    417 is the most straightforward easy route for a first timer.
    KJH

Florida Chatterbox
    I always used to go the Bline expressway (528) but found that by the time I hit the I4 it was nearing rushhour and after a long flight found the speed that everyone else was doing was very daunting. I much prefer the 417 Florida Greeneway definately a better route for tired drivers.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thinking some more on your original question I think the way the americans name there roads is what is confusing you. It depends on on where the road is on the florida map as to whether it is north/south or east/west.

The I4 is East/West, when I first used the SR528 I thought I had to turn off at the Orlando exit (East) instead of the Tampa (West). The SR528 must start further down the coast so therefore by travelling up it you're going North. Just looked at a map and it goes straight across so that's shot my theory although it finishes at the I4.

Best bet is to study the map of Florida, when you join a road you will either be going left or right but the road signs will also give you the end destination or where you are heading towards.

I've always found the Orange Guide Map very good as it has several maps inside. If you don't have one from your last trip then DM me and I can forward one on to you. We have the route off pat so I can always pick up another when we go shopping in Walmart.