Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balloon flights

Florida Savvy

Balloon flights

Can somebody tell me what the landing is like, i've been told its very bumpy and you come in sideways whatever that means[msnscared]
    My son has said he would like to do this when we are over later in the year. And as my son has special needs i thought i would check with the experts before i say ok, and as it will be me that has to go with him[msnscared]are there any weight restrictions (i'm on the large side)[msnsad]
    Thanks
    Teresa

Typically the landings are very smooth, they will not fly if there are over moderate winds. the poeple we use are very very experienced (they are flight instructors too). Interestingly when you are in the air there is no motion or bumbing around, t is very smooth and you feel like you are stood on the ground.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pt cruiser
    Can somebody tell me what the landing is like, i've been told its very bumpy and you come in sideways whatever that means[msnscared]
    My son has said he would like to do this when we are over later in the year. And as my son has special needs i thought i would check with the experts before i say ok, and as it will be me that has to go with him[msnscared]are there any weight restrictions (i'm on the large side)[msnsad]
    Thanks
    Teresa
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Hi Teresa

I have problems with my back and was also worried about the landing when we booked a balloon flight. As it turned out the landing was very smooth - obviously these guys know what they are doing. Our son also has special needs and is normally terrified of anything new and he was absolutely fine - he loved helping inflate the balloon before we took off.

It was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend it.

I have more pics if you would like me to email them to you - just DM me and I will sort them out for you.

Hope this helps

Elaine

Teresa, I know Rosie did a balloon flight and did a write up for the forum, am sure she has also written an article for the Florida guide. Why not do a search for it? Am sure she will answer your questions.
    ellie

Euan

I have flown 3 times now in Florida and each time we have had really smooth landings. I have a back condition and was really nervous, but it was absolutely fine, especially if you use the people on the Balloon Ride link on this site, as they are very experienced (and extremely friendly).

Weight is also not a problem as they assess this at the time you turn up for your flight and put people in the relevant size group or basket. On the last occasion we flew there was one basket with 3 very very large people and they were able to fly ok. Obviously you need to be able to climb in and out of the basket, which was the bit that scared me, but they will help you with this.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

This is something we would love to do but I am a bit scared of hights. Would I be OK?
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    Teresa, the landing is not particularly bumpy and our basket ended up on it's side, but it was not in the least bit scary, and at no time did we feel worried. The pilot was fantastic and very experienced, and reassuring. I'm sure both you and your son will love it.

Lynne, the couple we flew with had a fear of heights and they loved it, and both said there was nothing scary about it.

Go for it, it is the most amazing experience and well worth the early start.

We can't wait to do it again [msnsmile2]
    Rosie

Thanks Rosie I will contemplate it for our visit in May - come on Lynne don;t be a scardy cat
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    Take a camera with you Lynne, you will love it [clap]
    Rosie