Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small family - will a villa still work for us???

Small family - will a villa still work for us???

We would really prefer to stay in a villa when we visit Orlando in 2008 but there are only 2 adults and 1 small child. My main questions are

Are there villas out there for our size group?

Are there recommended areas to stay - there are so many to choose from?

Is is economical/worth while staying in a villa - it is the first time for my son to visit and think it would be easier if we are in a villa with a pool so it is not too manic for his first visit!!

thanks
    Debra

Florida Savvy
    I would definitely recommend a villa. Even if it was just DH and me going I would rather stay in a villa than a hotel room. And the cost isn't much more if you're looking for a nice hotel anyway.
    With a baby you'll have so much more freedom with all that space and your own pool. I always liked my two children to be in bed at a reasonable time on holiday when they were small so they weren't grumpy the next day and that's so much easier when you have separate rooms.
    Also, sounds like your little one isn't at the age yet where he/she wants to meet friends round the hotel pool so I would enjoy the villa before this becomes an issue!

Welcome to the forum Debra.

Most villas have 3 or more bedrooms and 2 or more full bathrooms. Majority of guests don't worry about the number of bedrooms (as long as there are enough for their party) and instead they concentrate on the living areas and deck and pool areas, as they will be spending more of their time in these areas.

Renting a villa means that you will be in complete control of your holiday. You will not be all crammed into one room tiptoeing around each other, taking it in turns for the bathroom.

Renting a villa means that you can come and go as you please. Sleep and be awake when it suits you. While your son takes an afternoon nap, you can be relaxing on the deck by the pool, having a swim, or just enjoying the peace and quiet after a hectic morning at the park, ready to perhaps go out for dinner inthe evening, or hop back to a Park for the evening fireworks.

I own a 4 bedroom home and regularly have parties of less than 4 people staying and they just don't use all of my bedrooms. I've also had several guests who told me that their small children learnt to swim in my pool. When it's just your family using it, then that gives your little ones a lot more confidence.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

You can't get any of this in one room at a hotel.
    Carla

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Most of the time when we visit there are only 3 of us and we have a 4 bedroom villa. I have visited with just myself and my son.
    We love having the space and freedom a villa provides. The thought of us all having to be dressd to go out for breakfast is a nightmare. In a villa you can do what you want when you want.
    If your child is quite young you will probably find they will get tired easily, being in the villa gives you plenty of time to unwind and chill out.
    Even with just the three of you it can work out the same price as a hotel room.
    Christine

my daughter learnt to swim in the first villa we stayed at, cant understand why people would want to stay in a hotel room all cramped up when the villas are soooooo spacious and cosy! comfy chairs lovely pool so relaxing,
    have answered you on the other thread you started, good luck with whatever you choose and everyone on these sites will do all they can to help you choose, look through the sites and gorgeous villas!!!!!!!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I plan on staying on my own sometimes and could never go back to a hotel room. I just love to sit out in the evening under the lanai watching the sunset and to be able to swim in your very own pool is priceless !
    I am taking my son and grandson in May and I am sure it will be perfect for them. You don't have to get out of the room each morning, you don't have to eat out all the time and you don't even have to take your dirty washing home !!
    Perfect !
    Jean

oh yes Jean! no dirty washing to take home!!!! one of the best reasons for villa!! used to take me several days to get rid of all the dirty washing!
    Liesa

I stay at our 5 bed villa in the summer, just me and the 2 children after hubby has had to back home to work, to be honest as much as I love them dearly, the thought of being being with them all day, and then sleeping in the same room fills me with horror.[msneek]. As Genie said the end of the day, some peace and quiet sitting on the lanai with a glass of wine as the sun sets is the perfect way to relax and renew, ready for the next day - bliss!!
    It also works out much more economical as we are able to have the odd meal and breakfasts at the villa, rather than eating out all of the time.
    A villa offers so much more freedom and relaxation. Have a great time!
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've had more 2s, 3s and 4s stay in our 4 bedroom home than I care to remember and we have one family of three who go every year.

Having stayed in hotels, there's just no comparison with a home with room to spread out it, no long trek to the hotel swimming pool, dripping wet on the way back to your room, no having to be out by a specific time to let the maid service into your room, no queueing for the one bathroom every morning, no being squashed up with no space for all your shopping, clothes, etc, being able to make snacks, meals or drinks at any time to suit you, no noisy people in the corridors at night and no-one above, underneath, in front, at the back or either side of you.

Compared with a hotel, a Florida villa is more like paradise.
    blott

We are a large family but even when we have travelled with just 1 small child we always stay in a villa, could not stay in a hotel now, and with a small child you will really feel the benefits[msnwink]

P.S Make a wish list for the villa and that will narrow it down, for us it would be.........

south facing not overlooked/ conservation or lake view
    large wide screen TV/cinema/surround sound
    wireless high speed internet access
    free international telephone calls

just few ideas for you but we all have our own preferences, happy choosing!!!!