Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US High Temperature Record

Gold 5 Star Member

US High Temperature Record

We were lucky enough to be in Florida during December 2006 and January 2007 when the weather was really great and warm - on the day we left it was 84F. [msncry]

However, the point of posting this was the fact that the US experienced record high temperatures during December 2006 (lucky us!) all over the place. This is supposedly due to El Nino from the Pacific so, as well as Florida, all sorts of other places found themselves with unseasonably warm weather and led to December being declared as the warmest December since records began in the US.
    blott

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    We were out ourselves at Christmas, and for the first time in three years we actually came back with a glowing suntan. Its still great to be in Florida in the winter than dreary cold and wet UK, there is still as always perfect at this time of year, but it was even more perfect this year.
    CERI

We, too, spent Christmas in our villa, and the weather was, indeed, beautifully warm. Its such a lovely time to visit as there is minimal humidity, yet it is warm enough to walk around in short sleeves. I particularly love shopping in the evening and walking out of the Mall at Millenia and feeling the warmth engulfing me. Magic...
    ellie

I am in Florida now and sunbathing the weather today is great blue skies and lots of sunshine.
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    We spent the New Year in Florida, I had packed all sorts of jumpers, jackets and jeans...We didn't need them. Even the temprature at night didn't drop.

Here is my son and niece on New Years eve in our pool in wonderful tempratures of 82F

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Looks like they had great fun Lynne!!

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I am in Florida now and sunbathing the weather today is great blue skies and lots of sunshine.[/quote]

So am I. However it is not warm(several degrees below normal) and its been pretty miserable the last couple of days.

I got here 21 Jan and Jan 22nd was a record(85F) but since then the weather has been quite poor with only a couple of really nice days.

Hasn't stopped the fish biting though.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's for sure a whole lot warmer than here in the UK though - and I know where I'd rather be![msnwink]

Carole

Pretty cold in Manchester, I'd take anything over freezing at the minute.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I am in Florida now and sunbathing the weather today is great blue skies and lots of sunshine.[/quote]

So am I. However it is not warm(several degrees below normal) and its been pretty miserable the last couple of days.

I got here 21 Jan and Jan 22nd was a record(85F) but since then the weather has been quite poor with only a couple of really nice days.

Hasn't stopped the fish biting though.[/quote]Oh Robert, what a shame we missed you! We left on 22 January (one of the very many hot days of our six week stay as you say) so we almost met at the airport.

Believe me, you're better weather wise in Florida. We had snow on our first morning back (24 Jan) and a very thick frost this morning which took ages to get off the car windows. [msneek]
    blott