Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Last Day

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packing and chilling by the pool

75 46.01%
  • Hit the Malls

33 20.25%
  • Magic Kingdom

10 6.13%
  • Epcot

3 1.84%
  • MGM

1 0.61%
  • Animal Kingdom

1 0.61%
  • Univeral Studios

1 0.61%
  • Islands of Adventure

1 0.61%
  • Celebration

8 4.91%
  • Something Else - do tell us!

30 18.40%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last Day

We always book an extra night in the villa so we can stay till the last minute[msnwink]

Pack the night before so in the morning straight to DTD to check bags in and get boarding passes, then have a walk around DTD and then over to celebration for brunch overlooking the lake.

We then may pop to the shops for anything last minute then back to the villa for a last dip in the pool for the children while I wash and dry as much bed linen and as many towels as possible - less for the cleaners to do[msnwink] I always leave folded piles of clean towels etc with a little note telling them they have be washed that day[msnwink]

Then last minute photo's, shower then head off for airport leaving the last of the towels in the washing machine[msnsmile2] Its worth paying for the extra night so we can leave it till the last minute with reason to go to the airport[clap]

Our last day is a mixture,my first priority is to ensure our home is left in prestine condition. All the jobs we have done during our visit are perfected, the extra finishing touches are in place.Take those last minute photograghs.Put the luggage in the car
    Wander round from room to room trying to memorize the home we love so much until our next visit.
    Time to go,say our last goodbye.Then usually last minute shopping at one of the malls,before heading off to the airport.The last day is a day of mixed emotion.I am sad to be leaving.but contented in the knowledge that most of the jobs we intented to do are completed.
    The joys of villa ownerership
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    Used to be DTD but last few trips we've spent our last day at Celebration.

If we're flying from OIA we drop the bags off at DTD and then enjoy our last breakfast at either IHOP or Perkins [msntongue] [msntongue]
    Then head off to Celebration for a walk around the shops and lakes.
    Depends on how hungry we are if we go for a late lunch at the Tavern or just get ice cream and sit in a rocker soaking up the last rays of Florida sun.
    Head off to the airport with more than a hint of a tear in my eye [msncry] [msncry][msnembarrased]
    Julie

packing and chilling but also spend a lot of the time left in tidying up and washing the linen etc
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    Packing and cleaning. I always like to clean the villa after our stay, well perhaps "like" is not the right word! Then off to the clubhouse at Southern Dunes for something to eat. Hubby and Son play golf while I do the cleaning[msnsad]

Florida Chatterbox
    Packing and chilling by the pool unless I talk my other half into hitting the malls.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

Florida Expert
    Always the same for us -

Finish packing, strip beds and tidy up.

Shopping then lunch for our final meal in Florida before heading for airport[msncry] with a heavy heart.

Florida Expert
    I chose 'something else', because like Ellie I like to leave the villa spotless. I clean and put finishing touches to the villa whilst the family relax in the pool. I always hit the shops after this for last minute retail therapy. Leaving the villa is always a sad moment for us [msncry][msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I spend the last day cleaning...I miss just leaving the maid a tip..........[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    We always book an extra night in the villa so we can stay till the last minute[msnwink]

Pack the night before so in the morning straight to DTD to check bags in and get boarding passes, then have a walk around DTD and then over to celebration for brunch overlooking the lake.

We then may pop to the shops for anything last minute then back to the villa for a last dip in the pool for the children while I wash and dry as much bed linen and as many towels as possible - less for the cleaners to do[msnwink] I always leave folded piles of clean towels etc with a little note telling them they have be washed that day[msnwink]

Then last minute photo's, shower then head off for airport leaving the last of the towels in the washing machine[msnsmile2] Its worth paying for the extra night so we can leave it till the last minute with reason to go to the airport[clap]
    [/quote]

Blast, why on earth did I not think of that!! I do so hate the rush to get out of the villas 10-11'ish But have always dashed of to DTD to get my last chocci malt [msnsmile2]