Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Last Day

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packing and chilling by the pool

75 46.01%
  • Hit the Malls

33 20.25%
  • Magic Kingdom

10 6.13%
  • Epcot

3 1.84%
  • MGM

1 0.61%
  • Animal Kingdom

1 0.61%
  • Univeral Studios

1 0.61%
  • Islands of Adventure

1 0.61%
  • Celebration

8 4.91%
  • Something Else - do tell us!

30 18.40%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Day

Last Day

How do you spend the last day of yor holiday in Florida?
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Generally I spend the morning packing whilst everyone else is in the pool. After the cases are all sorted I spend the afternoon chilling out before a late flight home.......ah bliss.
    Paula

Florida Expert
    We always quickly do our packing and then have a last round of mini golf at Disney as our son is a complete addict!

We then have a relax by the pool before heading off to the airport. [msnsmile]

Ooh Mini Golf - we all love that too - What's your favourite course? Actually let's have a poll[msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Generally packing and chilling. Though I have been known to be loading a poorly husband into the car, after he had done the planting he had missed the previous day due to a hospital visit of course[msnwink][msnoo]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have annual passes to Seaworld so we like to spend the last day having a leisurely stroll round Seaworld.
    Lesley

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    We do a bit of both packing, pool relaxing, and then when we are all packed head off the mall on the way to airport and get my last fix of shopping with the essential barnies coffee for back home
    CERI

Very sad but we always go to Epcot on our departure date so the Kids can go to The Rose & Crown Pub for Fish & Chips or Sausage and Mash followed by Sticky Toffee Pudding. Oh and me a pint or 3 and Jane a G&T

Florida Expert
    I usually visit as many malls as possible, trying to pick up those last few bargains[msnsmile2]
    Chris

Well, Caroline, my last day is always spent doing all the finishing touches to my villa to make our next guest's arrival even more special. I like to ensure that everything is perfect, so that when I walk out of the door and turn around for the last time I can say, 'wow!' In that way I know that my guests will walk into my villa and also say 'Wow!'

After that we like to go out on the pool deck, and just gaze at the pool, watching the rippling water as it sparkles in the sunshine - it's one of the most difficult things to leave behind, but unfortunately we cannot pack it in our suitcases.

My eyes are always drawn skyward, to that fantastic azure sky which seems to go on forever. I have always wondered why the sky seems so high in Florida, but guess it is the lack of clouds. I like to stand and feel the warm sun on my face for the last time before we return to wet and dreary Heathrow (why is it always cloudy and dull when we get home?)

Then it is time to go and say goodbye to our fantastic American neighbours, who have become like family to us. Its always hard to say farewell to them, as their warmth and hospitality is amazing.

A final look, a quick last photo, and then we are on our sad way to the airport. My son and daughter used to cry when we left, even though we knew we would be back in a few weeks time, but I have to say a sadness overwhelms us all.

Once our suitcases have gone, its the shops for me, my son and daughter, while husband relaxes with a coffee. We love the shops at Orlando International Airport, so we pass the time browsing, and spending the heap of change that we always seem to collect.
    ellie