Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Easter

Florida Savvy

Easter

Hello,

I've been several times to orlando but not for Easter so this is my first time [msnsmile]

Just wondered if the shops etc.. close on good fri or easter sun

Also what does everyone else do for easter here ??? [easter2]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    The majority of shops will be open on Good Friday. Normally, many will be closed on Easter Sunday or with limited hours.

A lot of the supermarkets will close on Easter Sunday so don't forget to stock up on supplies [msnsmile2]
    Restaurants, theme parks etc are open as usual[msnsmile2]

Liz

our friends who couldnt get flights at easter for 2006 are going definately this easter, they bought the flights as soon as they were released last year, its getting closer and closer and they cannot wait, will show them this topic, this is their first time to florida and certainly first time in a villa, tough call, their son stays in a hotel everytime he visits but we managed to persuade them a villa is the best way to enjoy your stay in florida!!
    thanks
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    There's normally a sweet hunt at an Orlando park on Easter Sunday if you have kids with you. I'll see if I can find the details for this year's but it might be too early yet.

There are very few Easter eggs of the sort that we know in the UK, ie chocolate available in Florida (so take your own if you wish) but they do have decorated Easter eggs (the hen type or material ones) and there is, of course, the Easter bunny.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Here you go.

Marshmallow Drop Saturday before Easter. Helicopter drops thousands of marshmallows over an open field, children 4-12 gather them, then exchange their full baskets for a box of candy. Located at Barnett Park, 4801 W. Colonial Drive. For more information call (407) 836-6200.

As Easter this year is in April, this might be of interest.

Spring Fiesta at Lake Eola Early April. Outdoor fun and family activities draw over 50,000 Central Floridians to Lake Eola for live entertainment and a wide range of vendors--from jewelry to jelly, painting to pottery and kitchen items to kitsch items. Located at Lake Eola, Rosalind Avenue (between Central Boulevard and Robinson Street). For more information call (321) 281-2085.

blott

Walmart will be open,Sarah, as it only closes for one day a year, Christmas Day, so you need not worry about not being able to go shopping![msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox
    I quite fancy the marshmallow drop,what fun it sounds.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx