Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something going on the 20th Feb?

Florida Newbie

Something going on the 20th Feb?

Only reason I ask is that we are doing our annual visit to friends and family and normally do not have a problem getting booked into the Hilton @ LBV ? We usually stay in a hotel for the first two nights, then dart off to a villa for the remainder of the 3 weeks.

No going to be surrounded by hairy bikers or Spring breakers again am I (Anyway thought the breakers were toward the end of the month of March)

Not a major problem as we booked in the Palace opposite, as I need my Giradelli Chocolate Malt before I start my holiday! Wonder if they can supply it via intravenous?

Paul.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The week of the 18th until the 25th is winter break for many schools in New England.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-551.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Paul

February 19th is a public holiday in the US as its Presidents Day
    It may have something to do with it
    CERI

Florida Expert
    Or maybe the Auction for all those truck sellings??
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Also UK half term school holidays
    Shirley

Half term up north start on Friday 9th Feb - 19 Feb[msnwink]

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all the replies. It would seem it was bad timing on my part, now all I want to know is when they will all go away and leave Epcot empty so we can stuff ourselves stupid with food from around the world. Apart from the brief stop at the French quarter for a Kir Royal. (No point eating there as we are 25 Mins from the real country)

One other question, anyone know if Alamo still rent out Toyota's We had quite a nice 4 x 4 from them in the past, our last two visits we went for a soft top, but can't recall seeing any Toyota's? We have gone for something larger and we will be dashing from one end of Florida to the other, Family live in the Panhandle, friends in West Palm Beach. If they do not have the Toyota's what would the panel recommend? As I once had a Jeep, and it seemed like the brakes and handling was something other cars had, but not them!

Paul.

Hi Paul,

On the car hire link from this site the 4x4 from Alamo is listed as a Chevrolet Blazer or similar and the soft top as a Chrysler Sebring or similar, no mention of Toyota's though I'm afraid. If you have a look at the site the prices are really good and it does list the cars in each class that you are most likely to get from Alamo, Dollar and Budget. Sorry I can't actually recommend any particular model as hubby does all the driving when we are in Florida.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Julie, will got take a look.

Regards Paul.

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    Paul

February 19th is a public holiday in the US as its Presidents Day
    It may have something to do with it
    [/quote]

Also the 18th is the Daytona 500 (NASCAR) and I guess some may take a break of a few days with the public holiday on Monday 19th.

Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx