Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Sicily

Florida Savvy

Sicily

Want to take the other half to Sicily for her birthday. Has anyone ever been? Her family are originally from Palermo and I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good hotel or even better a Tuscan style villa with great views, local amenities in walking distance and lots of romantic sights![msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    We`ve never stayed on Sicily before but stopped there twice on a cruise. Both times we visited a really gorgeous place called Taormina. I would definately recommend visiting it while you are there. If you go there go to the amphitheatre as the views are spectacular and you see Mount Etna and the sea. Have a great time.
    Hannah.

Florida Expert
    As you all probably know i lived in Italy and was 3 hours from Sicily. You must visit Taormina as its beautiful!! I have been there 3 times. They have restaurants all along the sea line and then you can take a tour to the town which is way way up there. Lots of touristy places there. Im sure if you do a search on google you can find the perfect place to stay there but remember the villas in Italy will be nothing like the ones in Florida.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    I was just going to say Taormina!!!!!!!!! We went to sicily for the day and it was the most beautiful little place. Loved it!
    L

Florida Expert
    I have to agree with everything previously said about Sicily. It's a beautiful island. Watch out for the locals behind the wheel though!

ALR

Florida Expert
    I have to agree Taormina is a real must and the place below looks divine

http://www.hotelvillaangela.com/en/location.htm
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1497.aspx
    sharon