Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pools/spas in homes - summer?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Shirley G
    Never having been to the villa in the summer what sort of temperature does the pool normally get to without pool heating.[/quote]Water temperature is usually 10 - 15F below the air temperature but, I expect as a home owner, you'll already know this.
    [/quote]

yes I know that Blott,just wondered if it kept warm enough through the night for a morning dip without pool heat thats all.
    Shirley
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1786.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    No pool heat for us during the months mentioned. Pool cover on only in the cooler and cold months.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

Florida Expert
    Im happy to know that we are not the only Europeans who like a warm pool and spa . I remember last Summmer we had friends who visited our rented villa and were thrilled and delighted because their kids could swim in the evening because the pool was lovely and warm. They didnt have a heated pool and it was rather cold when they returned from the parks . Im very happy being a WIMP.
    Olive

Join the club, Olive, you are in good company![msnwink]
    ellie

Wow - thanks everyone for all the responses! I just found these boards and didn't think they'd be too active so just came back to check the responses. We're from Green Bay (Wisconsin) and have a small (quick set) pool in our backyard in the summer that the kids are in all the time and (obviously) isn't heated and I've taken the temperature and it's been in the 60's and they're still in it so I really wasn't planning on the pool heat at all! We also plan to be at the parks bright and early each morning - our one off day we plan on being at Typhoon Lagoon for the surf lessons at 5:30 am - so probably wouldn't ever be using them before 1-2pm. Plus my kids are used to swimming in the Great Lakes which I'm sure you can imagine never hit 80 degrees, let alone warmer!

We also have a separate spa at home but hardly ever have used it in the summer time just because to me it seems like when I'm hot the last thing I want to do is get in a hot tub. But I know how sore I've been on our last trips to Disney (especially my feet) and how nice it's been to relax in the hotel spa (but our last 3 trips to Disney have been in December or January). I also like the suggestions of sitting out with a glass of wine when the kids are in bed and don't think I'd want to do that in a cold spa!

The owner did say that if we decided we wanted either pool or spa heat that we could have the management company turn it on and it would take at most 24 hours. The cost for pool heating was $25 a day and spa heating was $10 a day. Is this about average? We'll be there 2 weeks so should have plenty of time if we decide to have it turned on. The owner just said that he's had several people complain that the spa was just uncomfortably hot at that time of year, even at a low setting. Could it just be his particular one? I know ours (stand alone) you can set down to 80 degrees, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Florida Savvy
    Marcie

The price you have been quoted for pool &/or spa heating seems uqite reasonable.
    As for temperature - we set ours to 96 / 98 (some like it 100!). Usually temperature controls are contained within a locked box so you would not be able to change the temperature yourself, but would need to get the Management Co back (maybe at a cost) if you find it is too hot.
    Best to ask the owner what they set the spa at then decide either before you go or when the pool guy comes round to turn the pool/spa on and ask them to set it at your 'comfort' temperaturte.
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have never had the pool heating on in summer months-no one has ever asked for it either-but the spa will be heated-that's the beauty of them warm relaxing jets to massage away all those aches and pains
    Orlandobabe

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have many guests who prefer a hot pool in the summer months.
    Personally, we prefer a 'cool' pool to reduce our body temperature, especially near the middle part of the day.
    Don't forget that it only feels cool compared to the ambient temperature. The actual temperature is nearer 80 degrees or higher in July/August without heating.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We never have pool heat in the summer months. Always need to cool off !!!!
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1977.aspx

Florida Expert
    I have pool and spa heat in the summer. Switching to spa heat keeps that lovely and warm too. Nothing more pleasant than after a busy day enjoying the spa.... [8D]