Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping In The Castle

Florida Expert

Sleeping In The Castle

I've just had a conversation with a friend, who is in Disney's Vacation Club, that every day this year someone will be picked at random from one of the Disney Parks and will be given the chance to spend the night in Cinderellas castle.
    Has anybody else heard of this going on - and are there any tips we can pass on to increase peoples chances of getting picked [msnwink]
    Pegasus

Hi Pegasus,

It is not every day, although they are doing special activities every day like randomly choosing guests to lead the parade or to give them dream fast passes. The first family to win a stay in the castle have just won it.
    Euan

There is nothing you can do to increase your chances to win this as the proceedure to pick a guest is very precise.

A senior park manager will give instructions on how to pick todays guest and it leaves nothing to chance or the preferance of the person doing the picking.

The instructions will be something like :- Go to the third enterance turnstile from the right and pick the first guest that goes through after 11:34. This is totally random and changes every day.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

There is a small suite in the catsle that wlat had done. I wnet into it once, at that time it was just used as store, which I thought was very odd. If it were me I would be charging a massive premium to stay there. I would imagine they could esily get $2 - $3k per night and throw in some extras.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pegasus928
    I've just had a conversation with a friend, who is in Disney's Vacation Club, that every day this year someone will be picked at random from one of the Disney Parks and will be given the chance to spend the night in Cinderellas castle.
    Has anybody else heard of this going on - and are there any tips we can pass on to increase peoples chances of getting picked [msnwink]
    Pegasus
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    On our trip last December to MGM studios we were picked to have our dreams come true. Although nothing as grand as a night in the castle we were given a credit card type pass that gave us all a fastpass to the major rides for the day, so no waiting in line.

The parks were not busy and the lines were not long anyway, but it made us all feel so special for the day.[msnsmile]
    Shirley

I had a promotional email from Disney telling you how to apply for this - there was no charge and they just picked somebody at random from those that had applied - the email had pictures and a description of the suite - I can't remember much but there were plasma screens that looked like mirrors when switched off,
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Its all part of the Year of a million dreams, although in true Disney fashion the "year" usually lasts for 15 months, that way they 2 lots of Christmas guests in.
    Babblin Boo

Totally agree with you, Martin, I would have thought they could have sold this kind of suite out again and again at a high premium price. Plus it saves you pitching a tent on Tom Sawyer Island.

It is a bit like the hidden runway alongside the main road up to the MK parking entrance. Why is this not used somehow?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    There is a small suite in the catsle that wlat had done. I wnet into it once, at that time it was just used as store, which I thought was very odd. If it were me I would be charging a massive premium to stay there. I would imagine they could esily get $2 - $3k per night and throw in some extras.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pegasus928
    Pegasus
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Euan

I've found the details for this promotion, I'll try and post them...

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 -- December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Castle Suite stay and Penthouse stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007 and December 1, 2006, respectively, will likely be awarded early in the day, will be for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida and California, respectively. Some prizes, such as Dream FastPass badge, are only awarded at certain theme parks for use that day. Some prizes, such as Special After-Hour events, are only awarded on certain days at certain parks and must be used that day. Mail-in winners of prizes that must be used that day, such as Castle stay and Dream FastPass badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes listed: Cinderella Castle Suite Stay US $587, Mickey Mouse Penthouse Stay US $572, Disney Vacation Club Membership US $83,701, Grand Marshal World Tour US $45,370, Pin and Lanyard set US $23, Dream Mouse Ears US $12, Disney Cruise Line cruises from US $9,880 to US $16,900, Adventures by Disney vacation packages from US $15,500 to US $25,400, shopping spree US $500, Dream FastPass badge US $5, Special Park After-Hour event from US $3.83 to US $4.76 and Tour of Walt Disney's apartment and dining experience US $340. Prizes in the Giveaway range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to official rules at disneyparks.com/rules Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Savvy
    Just been on orlando sentinel site they have some photo,s of the suite in the castle (VERY NICE)
    Wendy