Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida in August

Florida Chatterbox
    We are getting used to travelling in August now our daughter is at school and I have to admit that, despite some reservations before we went, I have enjoyed the holidays more. We were expecting it to be very hot and very busy so we planned a much more relaxed vacation - we had lots of days by the pool and what I really loved were the long warm nights. You could easily go to the parks later in the afternoon and still spend 6 hours there yet you had alrteady had the benefit of a lazy morning by the pool.
    Tracey

We are in the same boat with a son starting his GCSE. We travelled in August last year and had a fab time. As Ceri said we went Wakeboarding, Baseball, a week at cocoa beach surfing and back in Kissimmee there was skateboarding in the great air con of Vans skate park. Weather was fantastic. We found the last two weeks of August were a lot quieter and the flights were cheaper.
    Jan and Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just an opposite view.

August is hot and humid and the parks are almost unbearable at times. Sure there are nice air-conditioned buildings and SHOPS; but whats the point in going to Florida to stay inside.

Different matter if you are to stay around a pool.

wrpac00
    Have been in late July/August for the past 6 years. Personally we don't find the heat any more uncomfortable than anywhere in the med at that time of year.

Never really found it busy at that time of year (although can't compare it with other times of year) but we managed to do all the parks last summer in 4-5 hours with very little queueing, 20 mins at max but most of the time we walked straight on (we do get there when they open).

Yes it is very hot in Florida in August, but there are also advantages when visiting at this time of year. If you time it right, the US kids have gone back to school, hence the queues at the parks slow down. The parks seem to be much busier during the Easter holiday. Everywhere is air-conditioned anyway, whatever time of year, so that makes it very bearable. Being mid-summer you have more daylight hours. More daylight hours makes a big difference, get up early to visit the parks, go back to villa for chilling either indoors or in the pool. Then you can go back to the parks totally refreshed for the evening. I much prefer it when it doesnt get dark so early.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Just an opposite view.

but whats the point in going to Florida to stay inside.

Different matter if you are to stay around a pool.
    [/quote]

I would quite agree, but I think what most people mean is that you can get out of the heat into shops, pools, skateparks, Park rides etc and sleep air conditioned houses. When we have a heat wave in the UK, you can't cool down as easily and no one sleeps because most of us don't have air con. It is the same with many holiday destinations in Europe. They are certainly geared up for the weather in Florida
    Shirley