Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems if villa sold

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by micheller33
    Thanks very much for all your expert advice. I think I will take the plunge. Now all I have to do is sort through the minefield of villas available!
    [/quote]

Minefield !!!! Michelle ?

Villa search is not that bad. It can be a very enjoyable few hours ! [laugh][laugh] I think the problem you will have Michelle is that you will be spoilt for choice

If you think of how many people book a villa through this site very sucessfully with no trouble and compare it against those who have had "sad" experiences you will find that "sad experiences are very, very few.

Hope you find "The villa of your dreams [msnsmile2]"

Linda

I agree with the last person RUTH that is the best way as it is sometimes the guests holiday of a life time and we would do all we could if we were in a situation .
    Some management companys will not let you rent when a property is up for sale .
    Have a lovely holiday
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by micheller33
    Thanks very much for all your expert advice. I think I will take the plunge. Now all I have to do is sort through the minefield of villas available!
    [/quote]<div align="center"></div id="center">
    Michelle,
    Prepare your 'wish list' and settle down to a couple of hours with a glass of wine (plus chocolates if you must!) and enjoy sifting through the available Villas. [8D]
    Tony
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1379.aspx

Make that 3 hours, champers and don't forget to look at Online Florida Villas as well as the others in this group of sites. You will find all the links at the bottom of the forum pages. I'm sure you will find it good fun, but there will be many lovely villas to choose from! I would suggest a relaxing bath and candles but you don't want to get the computer wet and if you have printed out the ones you like you will find that the paper gets soggy, but it will be a 'fun task' not a chore
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx

Florida Junior
    This happened to us in 2005, We booked through a company(not from this site), 2 weeks before we were going we got a phone call from them telling us the owners had sold the villa and the new owners were not going to be renting out[msnmad]. They told us they would find us somewhere else, which they did but we didnt have a choice as they were nearly all booked up. Very anoying when you have booked a year in advance, the villa they had for us was more expensive, which the company were really good about and did not charge us the extra [msnsmile]. As everything worked out we had a great holiday with my sister and her family.
    Jeanette

Florida Chatterbox
    When we bought our villa it had 28 weeks booked for the next year and we took them on with no hassles. WE all know lots of other owners to contact in this situation and I'm sure we would all do our best to keep things honest and fair.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We did not sell our villa because of financial reasons but one piece of advice I would give is that owners who do not charge guests enough to stay there and who cannot afford to put lots of their own money into their villa are more likely to have to sell it. You are usually better booking a villa which is rented at the correct price for all that it offers, than booking a very cheap villa and run the higher risk of it not being available when you are due to stay in it. Also if you have paid a normal rate then there will be plenty of alternative villas in the same price range should you have to rebook. Any sensible owner refuses to take bookings at an uneconomical rate.
    Ruth

That is a very good point Ruth, it is interesting that shirley and Jeanette both ended up with more expensive villas !
    Shirley

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Ruth makes a very good point - if I was buying a resale villa that had bookings in place I'd not take the bookings if they were taken at bargain basement rates as I know I could easily get bookings to replace them at sensible rates. If the bookings were taken at reasonable rates then I'd have no hesitation taking them on from the previous owner.

The moral of the story being, if it looks too cheap then you may get away with it, but remember that owners charging really low rates are likely to be struggling financially and thus be the ones who are likely to try and sell up.

I'm not suggesting this is what has happened to anyone in this thread, just making a very valid point that non-owners may not realise otherwise.

Gold 5 Star Member
    well i'm certain that i paid a reasonable rate for our villa booking, it was about average for the number of replies that we received, we did think about walking away when we found out it was up for sale and that would mean loosing most of our deposit instead we have kept communication honest and open and in return the villa owner has done his utmost to offer reassurance

in the end it all boils down to trust and whilst still a little wary i have always had nothing short of excellent help and advice from people on this site and should a problem occur i'm pretty certain the people on here will do their best to help and assist

i have worried a lot because of our past experience (again that villa was above average priced for the number of replies we received) but i can see your point as a villa owner John and where you are coming from

mizzy