Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed

Florida Newbie

Advice needed

I'm hoping someone here can offer me some advice.

I recently stayed at a villa (for the 3rd time) and whilst there we lost power and water for 3 days. The management company was quite frankly less than useless, no offer to move us, no real help at all other than 'I'll email the owner'. It cost a fortune in phone calls tracking the owner down and services were eventually restored on the afternoon of day 3 with an offer from the owner of a refund for the time without power + replacement food etc. I thought this was fair enough and we carried on with our Christmas although I won't deny it put a dampner on things.

We've now returned and the refund offer has now been for the cost of replacement food etc only, no mention of the services lost as previously offered. We've already got another booking arranged for the same property later in the year and have now decided that due to the handling of the whole thing we'd rather find somewhere else to stay, a decision I consider to be wholly understandable. Since asking for my money back, my emails are now being ignored and I just wondered if any other owners/renters had been through anything similar/what you'd do in these circumstances?

Any help would be very much appreciated before I resort to other channels.

Thanks in advance.

How awful for you. Can I suggest that if you rented the villa via an internet site that you ask that site, (especially is it was one of the OrlandoVillas group of sites) to see if they have been given a new e-mail address recently. There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for no reply, such as being on holiday, or computer problems, but I can understand the frustration having had to complain about a villa myself. As you have booked another holiday I am sure that the owners will be particularly keen to help and it may all be a huge mis-understanding, which can be sorted when you manage to talk to them

If you have no joy after talking to them (which I hope is not the case as you obviously like the villa), can I suggest looking on Onlinefloridavillas, orlandovillas and Floridavillas for the very many beautiful villas available to rent.

Good Luck
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx

http://www.orlandovillas.com/
    http://www.villasflorida.com/
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/
    http://www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk/

check these ones out, you would never be treated like that from any villa owner here am sure of that!!! all respect you and treat you well!!! good luck in looking for another villa, you'll have lots of fun here!
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for reading

I was hoping it is some sort of misunderstanding but I fear it's not - the computer problem excuse has been used twice prior to this incident - and I won't yet be too specific as the owner does advertise on this site. He also posts here and I'm hoping he does read this and addresses my issues.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NicT
    Thanks for reading

I was hoping it is some sort of misunderstanding but I fear it's not - the computer problem excuse has been used twice prior to this incident - and I won't yet be too specific as the owner does advertise on this site. He also posts here and I'm hoping he does read this and addresses my issues.
    [/quote]

I'm sure that when he sees your post, he will come back and explain the situation. Hopefully to your satisfaction!

Christine

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    sorry to hear your news, I'm sure the owner will not want to lose a booking
    and will do the right thing in the end ,
    have you also tried to telephone them

Gail

Florida Newbie
    Can I ask you all what you would do had it been your place?

Nic I would refund as promised in the first place as no water or power is unacceptable and then honour you decision not to carry on with another booking if that is what you wanted to do. As others have suggested also contact John Rooke and see if he can help in this.

Florida Newbie
    Hi Jan

I presume John Rooke runs the site? I can't see a way of contacting him [:I]

I am still hoping this is all a misunderstanding but am not feeling too optimistic.

Our Management Co run the whole development and are actually on site 24/7 (and don't run any other houses) so the circumstances would not have been the same - they would have moved you to a comparable house I suspect without consulting us and I would have been charged the rent for the new house by the management co. However, we have an unusual set up and other Management Companies (many of whom are very very good - but just in very different circumstances) have to deal with matters in a different way, it wouldn't be so easy to move anyone if they don't actually rent out other houses, but just look after them, and even if they could the other houses available will not necessarily be comparable as they may be on other developments.

I am sure that the owner will not want to loose you and will also want to speak with the Management Co. Is it possible that the owners are genuinely away?
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx