Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help !!! Mice???

Help !!! Mice???

Hi all hoping to pick your brains..has anyone else had mice?? Just before christmas I found a brand new box of M&S mince pies had been nibbled[msneek] after clearing up and sealing the cupboards we thought it was a one off but today my kitchen is covered in tiny little droppings[msnscared]

We have had tiny voles under a wooden deck that runs the full width of our garden on the back off the house and the kitchen/family room

We can't find out how they are getting in, but hubby is setting up an infa red camera to record the comings and goings tonight[clap]

So has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it please[msnsmile2]

Florida Savvy
    Mouse traps baited with pizza did the trick for us!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Julie-we had mice when they built the NTL call centre-(you know where I mean ). From what I can gather they are creatures of habit so we put down both traditional traps and rentokil poison runs -we caught a few,traced where they were coming from, sealed it up, and then it stopped. (the hardware shop in gatley can supply).
    I know that some people have varying views on the use of traps but we found them very efficient and with having kids in the house it became a needs must kind of situation.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gwendolinemary
    Mouse traps baited with pizza did the trick for us!
    [/quote]

Thank you!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    Julie-we had mice when they built the NTL call centre-(you know where I mean ). From what I can gather they are creatures of habit so we put down both traditional traps and rentokil poison runs -we caught a few,traced where they were coming from, sealed it up, and then it stopped. (the hardware shop in gatley can supply).
    I know that some people have varying views on the use of traps but we found them very efficient and with having kids in the house it became a needs must kind of situation.

[/quote]

Thank you, I do know where you mean[msnwink]

We had a cat until he died last year and we are used to see the little voles in the garden coming from under the deck but I think they have ventured inside now we don't have a cat[msnscared]

I have just phoned my local council and they offer free pest control for mice so they are coming Friday[msnsmile]

Any other advice though keep posting please[msnwink]

We had little field mice coming into our home a few years ago. It is amazing how they can squeeze through the tiniest little gap![msnmad] We had the council lay some traps but it didnt solve the problem. In the end we got a cat and that seems to have done the trick[msnsmile]. Now the only mice we see are the dead ones that our cat brings to us as presents[msneek].

Good luck!

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    I have just phoned my local council and they offer free pest control for mice so they are coming Friday[msnsmile]

Any other advice though keep posting please[msnwink]
    [/quote]
    After having this problem a few years back at our old house the only way I eventually got rid of them was by calling in pest control. Much better than finding them in traps[msncry]
    The council did a follow up call a few weeks later.
    Paula

You can get humane traps (from B and Q) - which have worked for us on the mice brought in and then released by the cats. Banana, chocolate and peanut butter did the trick for us in them. Now have a cat with a more vicious streak which is more likely to kill and eat them than release them. Find mice remains most mornings, but very few live mice.
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    We had little field mice coming into our home a few years ago. It is amazing how they can squeeze through the tiniest little gap![msnmad] We had the council lay some traps but it didnt solve the problem. In the end we got a cat and that seems to have done the trick[msnsmile]. Now the only mice we see are the dead ones that our cat brings to us as presents[msneek].

Good luck!

Karen
    [/quote]

Exactly Kazzie I just used to find dead ones that our cat had left for me in the utility room, thinking we may need a kitten - children would be sooooooooo pleased[msnwink]