Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help !!! Mice???

Florida Chatterbox
    We had a terrible problem with mice a few years ago tried the humane traps, they just kept on coming back in, put down conventional traps, but could`nt stand the thought of the mice being in pain, then settled on the ultra sonic traps I think thats what they are, anyway after a few days never saw the little blighters again, also don`t seem to have any spiders and such like any more, you just plug them in and hey presto,although you can`t have them if you have rodents as pets.Gerbils and Guinea Pigs for example.
    kym

Florida Chatterbox
    I used to lay awake listening to them gnawing at things in the attic,i even got up there at 5am one morning when my husband went to work to try and scare them off,the children thought i had gone mad,hopefully they have gone away now,but its such a worry what with so much wiring up there,luckily we havent had them downstairs like you have julie and hope we never do.Perhaps ypu should put traps near the wiring,i know it might be unsightly but you have a lot to lose if they do manage to gnaw through the wiring.Hope you get it sorted sooon
    kitty

Pretty sure that is a field mouse Julie, anyway its the ones we had and they can get through the smallest gap anywhere. They managed to get through a gap half the width of a child's little finger. You may get rid of them with the pest control but I can guarantee they will soon be back! If I was you I would opt for getting a new cat.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    This is the little one I found back in the summer down by the deck........

Very cute but I don't want them in my kitchen[msnwink]
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    We had mice and resorted to putting traps down, horrible but it had to be done. I would wake up in the night when I heard the traps go off.

I would say get the cat.

We once had squirrels in our loft and they were awful to get rid of and they did so much damage[msnmad]

I'd go for the cat solution as well - there is nothing like something taking most of the bed up all night (get claustrophobia so don't shut bedroom door) and then leaving mice bits on the hall carpet to cheer you up each morning. But I miss them when they go into cattery, the house is so empty.
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx

Very little evidence of them this morning so it will be interesting to see whats on the camera[msnscared]

Florida Expert
    We had mice in the garage last year - I don't do mice and I had to be the one to find the first one. Between us and our neighbours we caught 22[msnscared].

Our council also advised us to disinfect where they had been (for us we did the whole garage)as they follow their urine trail.

Florida Savvy
    Cat seems to be a good sugestion i hate traps but can say i would use them if i had to.
    Good luck

Well the pest man has been and put down some Warphen (sp?) poison which means they will eat it and the go out somewhere and die[msnsad]

Also we are picking up an 8 year old lovely lady cat that is homeless from the RSPCA, the mice made our minds up about getting another cat and my children are thrilled and soooooo excited[msnsmile2]

Good luck with your new cat and how nice that you have re-homed a homeless one. The way I feel about the mud on the duvet cover this afternoon, would you like mine as well?

Tried to upload picture but got an error message!
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx