Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal

Florida Junior

Is this normal

I paid a £200 deposit for my villa holiday during december. On the first day after switching on the shower the handle came off in my hand. There was no way to put this handle back on or even switch the water off.

I telephoned the management company about the problem and they came out and fitted a new shower handle (in seconds) They told me this happens often and is just nornal wear and tear.

However my deposit cheque was debited £80 because of this problem.

I feel this is very unfair and have written to the owner but not heard anything back. What do others think ? I only switched on the shower, this was just normal use, i didn't try to damage anything yet i am being charged £80

Gold 5 Star Member
    We had this problem in our home when it was new as a guest tried to pull the shower knob to turn it on (as the sink taps work this way) but it actually turns to get the water to work and doesn't pull at all. We had to have a new shower tap which cost, from memory, about $70.

I'm sure our guests didn't do this deliberately either but it did incur a cost to us of $70.

What concerns me most about your post is that you haven't had a reply from the owners so that you can set up a dialogue about this with them which is very important, although I guess they may be away at the moment.
    blott

Florida Expert
    Sounds also like maybe their MC took out the money for the fixings.
    If you have their number, why not call them up and see if you can work things out with them if you cannot get in touch with the owner.
    I am sure its only a mix up.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Junior
    I don't think its a mix up as there was a letter with the returned part deposit saying that £80 had been deducted for the replacement of the shower knob and call out fee.

I have tried to contact the villa owner but as yet not received any reply. My villa was booked through the owner and not a mc so i'll deal with the owner first.

I used to own a villa and would never of dreamed charging the guests for this type of problem. i just want to get feedback from other owners.

Gold 5 Star Member
    If the MC admited that it happened often and was normal wear & tear how many other £80 have they had . I feel that it was not deliberate damage so the guest should not be charged. I had someone plug in a hairdryer once and fused the electricity , the MC had to be called and an electrician check it out but I didn't charge my guests for this ! part and parcel of villa ownership !
    Jean

Florida Chatterbox
    As the MC already said it was normal wear and tear - I don't see why you should pay at all....
    I would ask for my money back from the owner if I was you and in any case GBP80 seems excessive for what had to be done.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1231.aspx

Florida Junior
    I've now sent 6 emails and received no replies.

The villa was booked through this website. Is there anything else i can do to try and sort out this matter ?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    If you want to let us know the villa ref number of the villa concerned we're more than happy to email the owner and remind them that we take guest complaints very seriously.

Florida Junior
    I've checked and the villa was listed with your sister site villasflorida. The reference number is ****.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    If you want to let us know the villa ref number of the villa concerned we're more than happy to email the owner and remind them that we take guest complaints very seriously.
    [/quote]

Administrator
    Just to let you know we have contacted the owners for you. I have removed the quoted villa ref number for their privacy.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by packmanuk
    I've checked and the villa was listed with your sister site villasflorida. The reference number is ****.

Thanks for your help,

Mark<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    [/quote]
    [/quote]