Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In our eyes 3 great diners

Florida Expert
    In my opinion Carrabas on H50 is far better than the one on the 192 the food was better and the service was MUCH better !!!!!!
    Pamela

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
    In my opinion Carrabas on H50 is far better than the one on the 192 the food was better and the service was MUCH better !!!!!!
    Pamela
    [/quote]

Seems quite a distance away though when i do a locator search on their website.

Florida Newbie
    We've just returned on 10th Jan, and visited Manny's 3 times whilst there.My husband and dad gave the steaks 10 out of 10 every time. Also went to Carrabas which we enjoy but find it really dark in there. Haven't yet tried Houlihans and kept meaning to as their breakfast buffet was only $3.99.
    Jill

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1688.aspx

Florida Expert
    I love Houlihan but they don't do gluten free food for coeliacs[msncry]so we don't get to go there much.

Carrabbas on the other hand have a gluten free menu[msnwink]and the food is very good too[msntongue]

Manny's are on our to do list as we think they cater for coeliacs.

ALR

Florida Newbie
    Last time we were in Florida...4 yrs ago....we really liked Bennigans opposite Old Town on the 192.
    Darryls on I-Drive was pretty good,too....their loaded mash was to die for....! [msntongue]

Kat

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jillyb
    We've just returned on 10th Jan, and visited Manny's 3 times whilst there.My husband and dad gave the steaks 10 out of 10 every time. Also went to Carrabas which we enjoy but find it really dark in there. Haven't yet tried Houlihans and kept meaning to as their breakfast buffet was only $3.99.
    [/quote]

We tried the $3.99 breakfast at Houlihans, and as they say, you get what you pay for. It was terrible, huge queues, they ran out of food continuously and took 20 mins to bring out more, so you ended up with half a plate of cold food. Staff simply didn't care, and were obviously out of their depth trying to serve a buffet breakfast.

Wonder if it has improved since Christmas.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    Steer clear of Carrabas unless you like food poisoning....

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ALR

Carrabbas on the other hand have a gluten free menu[msnwink]and the food is very good too[msntongue]

Manny's are on our to do list as we think they cater for coeliacs.

ALR
    [/quote]

Manny's are good for Gluten free.

What did you eat at Carrabbas? Shoulds like one for our things to do list.
    Jo

Another restaurant to try is Charlie's Steakhouse located on the 192. It is a bit more expensive than Carrabba's and Houlihans but the service and food are excellent. They even come around with a tray of raw selection of steak, just to illustrate what they look like before it gets to your table.

Florida Expert
    There were 2 Carabbas. One near marker 4 on the 192 and the other was near one of the shopping malls, but we went to so many I'm not sure which one it was[msnembarrased] possibly was the Mall at Millenia or premium outlets.