Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e-tickets

Florida Newbie

e-tickets

We have just recieved our travel documents today for our forthcoming trip to Orlando.
    The flight tickets are in the form of two sheets of A4 paper headed Electronic Ticket Receipt, detailing passenger name & flight times.
    This is a new one on me. Has anyone else recieved tickets in this form?
    A second question, the car hire is with a company called Holiday Autos,who have as a car rental partner U Save USA who are located at MCO. I have never heard of them before, & have not noticed them when we have previously rented from Dollar or Alamo.
    Any info appreciated.
    Badabing

Florida Expert
    I have e-tickets most of the time as I book on - line. Take your A4 e-tickets with you to the check-in desk I have never had any problems.

I have never heard of this car hire firm. Have you done a Google search ?

Linda

E tickets are pretty standard now - to be honest although I always take the confirmation with me, all the agent at check in ever wants to see is our passports.

Can't help with the car hire - sorry!
    Caroline & Dave

Holiday Autos are worldwide so it is fair to assume they have an agent at MCO. E-ticket, no problem. If you are concerned about the car hire, contact Holiday Autos for confirmation it is actually at the airport!
    Regards, Mark

As everyone has says, e-tickets are the norm now. You will only need some sort of photo ID to check in, which of course in this instance will be your passport. Take your itinery (e-ticket receipt) with you just incase US immigration want proof of your departure dates (though I have never had them ask)
    Shirley

Holiday autos have been in business for a long time ,
    When we came a week ago I am sure i did not see u save usa on the notice board .
    Mybe they are off airport and take you to their depot by bus .
    Ring orlando airport they will tell you where they are located or ring Holiday Autos in uk they will know .
    We have had e- tickets for a few flights with delta they started to do them when we had a postal strike in uk and some people did not get tickets on time so no problem when you book in they will issue you with boarding passes .
    Have a good holiday
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    To be honest, I wasn't aware that there was anything but e-tickets these days. I travel pretty often and haven't had an old style ticket for a long time.

The paramount thing now is ID. In fact, e-tickets are really just receipts but you would be wise to have them with you.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Just got tickets from Virgin. Same old style tickets though
    Never seen car hire though, having said that we have only ever used Dollar
    or Alamo, so do'nt look for others.
    mike

Florida Expert
    The company you booked through must have done the booking via the internet. They printed off the 'receipt' and sent it to you by the sounds of it.

Make sure you have the return e-ticket with you for checking in. My hubby was asked (only ever once in years), to show proof of his return ticket (which was on his laptop as he had booked through the internet).

Haven't noticed the car hire firm, but there again, I have not looked for it as we go straight to the Dollar desk.

Don't worry about it, I am sure it will all be fine. Enjoy your holiday.
    Mary
    Mary

Administrator
    U-Save are not based at the airport, so you need to call them when you arrive and they will send a free bus to collect you and take you to the depot around 15 minutes away. Although our main contracts are with Dollar and Alamo, we do have a contract with U-Save so we can offer car hire to age 19 and over (and no surcharge for age 21 and over).

I know you didn't book through us, but for more details see this link on our site:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/u-save-car-rental.aspx

If you do not have a young driver in the group (ie if all drivers are age 25 or over) then I would not recommend U-Save as there is no other reason to go to the extra hassle of getting a shuttle bus. Other than that, I'm sure you will find they are fine.