The Osborne family come from Little Rock, Arkansas and the neighbours took out a court order at the Supreme Court to stop the 3 million light display on the Osborne's home because of the traffic problems. When they were turned off because of the court order, a family arrived late to see them and Jennings Osborne got a $10,000 fine just for switching them on for the family because he felt sorry that they'd missed them.

There are 5 million lights now - the Osborne's took the lights to Disney in 1995 - and they have been lit every year except one and now they're dancing lights. The Osborne family are still involved in designing the lights.

"I often meet people who say they don't miss a year of seeing our lights at the Disney-MGM Studios," says Jennings Osborne, the Arkansas businessman behind the theme park's annual Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. "My family and I consider ourselves fortunate to be able to help make people happy. The magic is still there."

They're certainly an unmissable part of Christmas for anyone in Florida and there's still time to catch them before they're turned off on 07 January 2007.