Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Osbourne Family Christmas Lights

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Osborne family come from Little Rock, Arkansas and the neighbours took out a court order at the Supreme Court to stop the 3 million light display on the Osborne's home because of the traffic problems. When they were turned off because of the court order, a family arrived late to see them and Jennings Osborne got a $10,000 fine just for switching them on for the family because he felt sorry that they'd missed them.

There are 5 million lights now - the Osborne's took the lights to Disney in 1995 - and they have been lit every year except one and now they're dancing lights. The Osborne family are still involved in designing the lights.

"I often meet people who say they don't miss a year of seeing our lights at the Disney-MGM Studios," says Jennings Osborne, the Arkansas businessman behind the theme park's annual Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. "My family and I consider ourselves fortunate to be able to help make people happy. The magic is still there."

They're certainly an unmissable part of Christmas for anyone in Florida and there's still time to catch them before they're turned off on 07 January 2007.
    blott

when we first saw them 2 years ago (i think) they told the story of the osbourne lights just prior to putting the lights on, theyre even better now by the looks of the photos!
    Liesa

Thanks for that Blott.

Now we know the correct storey.

Florida Expert
    We love it. We were there in November and it was my Mum's first trip so it was an excuse to go back a few times just so she could take them all in[msnwink]

ALR

Florida Junior
    Does anyone know when these get switched on? We are planning to visit again in Oct 2008, will we miss this? Do they start in Nov?

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pamela
    Does anyone know when these get switched on? We are planning to visit again in Oct 2008, will we miss this? Do they start in Nov?
    [/quote]

I think they start on November 12th this year.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I have never seen these before and they are fast becoming one of the things I am looking forward to most on our upcoming trip. Can't wait to see them.

Gold 5 Star Member
    In that case, be prepared to be amazed... or dazzled! [8D]
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    You never stop learning! I've never heard of these lights! Sound good!
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Question time.

Are these lights anything to do with Ozzy, Sharon and Co and is there a story behind them?[?]
    Paula