Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do you recognise the coins yet ?

Florida Chatterbox
    After living here now for 8 months I have that much loose change as I keep mixing up the coins that I have now started to save all loose coins in a large WINE bottle, each time I go to the shop I use another note getting more change, so the answer is buy more wine for the empty bottles and fill them up with change.

surprised myself last trip out, i use the coins quite well i think!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    me aswell i no know 5p is same size as 10c and 5c is same as 10p and quarter is bigger one still and my wallet is bulgin at seams with coins i keep quarters and 1c for they daft machines u get souvenier coins...now i got loads of them
    paul and fiona

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
    you know the situation

when you first go over you have to read the words on the coins to find out what they are

when do you fel you can select them in your change like a pro
    [/quote]

When you can drive up to an unattended toll booth and fling the right exact change into the hopper without causing a two hundred yard queue behind you Tezz!!

By the way, a friend recently gave me a gold coloured one dollar coin....anyone know if these are still in common use ?[msnsmile2][/quote]

In February 2007 the US will be producing presidential dollar coins. Apparently a dollar bill will only last a few months and the coins should last 30 years.

For those of you that need help sorting the coins, I will gladly meet you down in Florida and sort your coins or even go shopping with you. [msnwink]

Kay

www.orlandovillas.com/villas/869.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1184.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I still bad with 10 cents and 5 cents even after 7 years...[msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't do coins - I just pass them on to Mum who's an absolute whizz with them. We seem to get so many that we're regular donors to those charity boxes in most of the restaurants and only keep a few back for machines, tolls, etc.
    blott

Me either, I can just about manage the quarters[msnembarrased]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    I don't do coins - I just pass them on to Mum who's an absolute whizz with them. We seem to get so many that we're regular donors to those charity boxes in most of the restaurants and only keep a few back for machines, tolls, etc.
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    I find I only have to keep reminding hubby that the coin the same size as our 5p is a 10c and the one sized like 10 is 5c and the rest aren't too bad. - yes it is the 10c and 5c that used to baffle me.
    Clare R

I am not too bad and like others who use the size system just relate it to our own coins. Another way is 10c is flowers and 5c White House(I think).
    Brenda
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3197.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I just use my coins to pay my phone bill...then I don't have to worry about them..