Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What items are prohibited from entry into the US?

Florida Expert
    Is there ANYTHING you can take in that won't be illegal ?
    All SENSIBLE answers appreciated [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Linda
    Linda

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Yes Linda, cakes, chocolate, sweets/candies, check the link above in Tezz's post there is a guide there. Last Xmas they were taking everyones Xmas puddings off them when we were arriving, same questions to everyone, any xmas puddings, any gravy granuelas etc etc etc. Crickey you can buy most of it in the store over there!
    CDV

Super Moderator
    Barbara you can take in Christmas puddings if they contain vegetable suet. When Andrew was at university in America and not coming home for Christmas he wanted Christmas taken to him. We sent them an email with the recipe and were told it was okay to take in. I did have the recipe and email reply with me but did not have any problems. You are also allowed to take ONE box of Christmas crackers providing they have not been opened and are packed in your hold luggage.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    Barbara you can take in Christmas puddings if they contain vegetable suet. When Andrew was at university in America and not coming home for Christmas he wanted Christmas taken to him. We sent them an email with the recipe and w<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[ere told it was okay to take in. I did have the recipe and email reply with me but did not have any problems. You are also allowed to take ONE box of Christmas crackers providing they have not been opened and are packed in your hold luggage.
    [/quote]
    Jill I am aware you can take christmas puddings containing vegetable suet
    In your first posting you didn't say that
    [

I have brought many a Christmas Pudding over with no problem
    Regarding Christmas crackers I was told by virgin you cannot take crackers on a plane in your hold luggage or hand luggage they contain explosives.
    Just goes to show how much conflicting advice you can be told [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

I would tend to agree with you on the cracker front Barbara as it is an explosive no mater how small the quantity. I think it is just your luck on the day!
    CDV

Super Moderator
    The following is in the question and answer section of BA's website:

Am I allowed to take Christmas crackers and/or party poppers on British Airways flights?

Answer
    Christmas Crackers:
    Each passenger is allowed a maximum of two standard-size boxes of Christmas crackers.
    British Airways Dangerous Goods department prefers that the crackers are packed in your checked hold baggage, but will allow them in your hand baggage if necessary.

The crackers must be made by a reputable company and be in the manufacturers original packaging.
    The crackers must be for personal use only and not for commercial use.
    No homemade crackers or kits are allowed on board the aircraft.
    Note: Any Christmas crackers taken on board aircraft must not be used during the flight.
    All items carried on board an aircraft must be made available for all security checks.

Party poppers:
    Party Poppers are not allowed in hand baggage or checked hold baggage on any British Airways aircraft.

When we flew with Christmas crackers it was only one box so if anything the rule has been relaxed. Really cannot understand why they will not allow party poppers on baord.

That's the problem Jill BA may allow crackers,doesn't mean every airline will
    Silly I know, we are flying wih Virgin so no crackers for us [msnwink]
    Barbara

Re the puddings, all the puds that Marks sell are vegetable suet I checked today.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    Well surprise to me I have just had delivered by post a Marks & Spencer Christmas pudding I kept telling the sender it would not arrive, called her today and said it took 2 weeks but got here. We only wished we liked xmas pudding.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Re the puddings, all the puds that Marks sell are vegetable suet I checked today.
    [/quote]

GREAT

[xmas1][xmas2]Thanks CDV for checking that for us [xmas2][xmas1]

Linda
    Linda