Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks of laughs

Florida Newbie

3 weeks of laughs

I love the place, its superb.

Although we stayed at the best western movieland and not a villa, i like this website it has good advice and decent people so i am doing my holliday report mainly as advice to people who havent been yet, and a little of IVE BEEN TO FLORIDA AND IM TELLING EVEYONE.

We had 3 weeks which i think was perfect, expensive but perfect, it allowed us to go back to the hotel early when then parks filled up everyday and still know we could go back annother day so as to miss nothing, it was my 1st holiday with my girlfriend and my 1st trip to usa too.
    I cant recomend it highly enough.

On day 1 after our flight in to Toronto then a 5 hour wait we flew down to orlando,we decieded to have a chill out day, pool/sight seeing etc,.

day 2
    I have to tell you about this though, 'TIMESHARE TOUR'

we went on one of the Westgate lakes timeshare tours to get discount tickets, now this did save us about £250 pounds on our 5 day hopper plus and ten day flex tickets so we thought it was worth it.

We signed up gave a $20 deposit and promptly lost the receipt, anyway we got there explained and they check the computer and said everything was ok.

We sat down to our free breakfast and had the salesman showing us pictures of his wedding day and his kids which I fell about laughing at it was so false. I said right at the start to him that there is absolutely no chance on this planet that we will buy anything we were there for cheap tickets and nothing else, well anyway it went on for 3 hours not the claimed hour and a half, which was no supprise, then at the end another bloke came over doing a even harder sell I told him not to bother too, and then they sent a girl over good looking fluttery eye lashes the full works, still no sale can we go now please.
    Anyway after the tour they said you cant have cheap tickets because you lost you receipt. As my blood accheived a perfect 100 degrees centegrade, the man suddenly backed down and gaves our tickets, with a look on his face as if he was about to get beaten to with an inch of his life and he was quite right too because thats exactly what i was about to do.

So in summary of a timeshare tour; expect 3hours of hard sell decide if wasting a morning is worth the money (in our case it was) and dont get drunk and think your partner has looked after the receipt as she is doing the exact same thing

Anyway back to holiday;

One of my fave things was the jaws ride, just because I saw it on tv as a little kid and sulked because I could only dream I would ever be there on that special ride in that far of place.

And I went on it and grinned and grinned my way round I was here and I was on 'my dream.'

heres a quick rundown and advice.

Definatley make the effort to get in parks early,

I can not stress this enough.

we went in islands of adventure 1 morning and went on duelling dragons 4 times straight after each other, we got off and walked through a door that wasnt locked yet and got straight back on 4 times.

We used to go in early hit the big rides then when the place was filling up just do the small stuff, we went home most days at 1 or 2 o'clock back to the pool to sunbath or rain bath (you know what i mean) and relax.

And do every ride or show too, my girlfriend wanted to do the 'horror makeup show in IoA, I was reluctant I thought it would be quite dull, well I was wrong it was a complete laugh, so unless you are really stuck for time, do it all.

Discovery cove is well worth it.

Do a few days in megga busy parks then when your sick to death of queues and american kids blindly walking into you, go to discovery cove and relax and swim with fish you only ever see on tv its great.
    I was swimming with stigrays a big as my bed, unbelievable.
    The swim with the dolphins isnt worth the money in my opinion though.

Dont miss;

The Hulk. Spiderman. MGM studios. Busch gardens. Sea world. Discovery cove. Filling you car right up with petrol for less than 15 quid

Disney was quite boring though.

Epcot was dull, just looking at that big ball thing was

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know what you mean about the americans walking into you, this drove me up the wall and at one point
    my wife could see I had had enough and was about to blow my top, but being a woman managed to change the
    subject and take my mind off it. I suppose the only consolation is they apologise nicely, just wish
    they would look where they are going in the first place.

As for smoking, Im a smoker and I didnt mind having to find somewhere to smoke, but I can see your point.

Timeshare people, mmmm should be outlawed in my opinion, The queues well not really a way around that
    unless your famous.

At least you had a good time and thats all that matters
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by chrisj

I know what you mean about the americans walking into you, this drove me up the wall and at one point
    my wife could see I had had enough and was about to blow my top, but being a woman managed to change the
    subject and take my mind off it. I suppose the only consolation is they apologise nicely, just wish
    they would look where they are going in the first place.

As for smoking, Im a smoker and I didnt mind having to find somewhere to smoke, but I can see your point.

Timeshare people, mmmm should be outlawed in my opinion, The queues well not really a way around that
    unless your famous.

At least you had a good time and thats all that matters

I think its nice of people who smoke to give it up for the few hours in Disney.....for one if you walk around smoking and burn some poor American kid(who always steps on the back of your feet in queues why or how I don't know) you're going to be sued up to the eyeballs....this is the land of sueing....you can get sued for anything.....no matter how small....in Disney there are men in all the little houses.(.I've seen them run out after a woman started hitting her young son.)....if they see you smoking..they will remove you.....and ban you for up to 3 weeks from all their parks so I was told......so people getting away with it were lucky....

Gold 5 Star Member
    I try to only ever smoke when im on my own, at home I always go into the garden. I just think its nice
    because my wife doesnt smoke and so I wouldnt expect her to put up with it. But thats just me.

Mind you I like what you say about the land of sueing, next year can I sue all the americans that just
    bump into me for damage hehehehe .

The thing with smoking is that it is slowly being phased out anyway, so its something that will only get
    worse, at least the parks provide the odd area, in New York you cant smoke in public anywhere
    Chrisj

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Glad to hear you had a great time .

On the smoking issue, why should smokers inflict their bad habits on the vast majority of us who do not smoke. Not only is it bad for your health but it smells awful too!

We recently went to Disneyland Paris and everyone smoked everywhere in the parks (do all French people smoke???) despite the clearly labelled smoking areas. It was just awful and can't have been good for the children having to breathe in all that dirty air .

Sorry for the rant - I'm an ex smoker (the worst kind) and it's just a pet hate of mine - no offence intended .

Sorry I have to disagree with this one[}] I do smoke (just cigars now) but do find it offensive when poeple light up right next to me. We also have a child who uses a wheelchair fulltime. Before the smoking 'ban' he had on 3 occasions being burnt by people brushing past smoking. There are plenty of areas where you can smoke in the parks. These are well chosen and great spots to enjoy a coffee and smoke

Martin

quote:Originally posted by nelly

No smoking anyware, utterly ridiculous. Your in the parks but outside, and there are designated smoking areas, its just pampering to a tiny minority in my opinion In the end I decieded I would smoke anyware I liked outdoors of course but a funny thing started to happen people saw me smoking and they started to light up too because they thought it was a smoking area. Quite frankly in a country that has 200 million guns knocking about the place, the least of your problems is me smoking outdoors.

(source; http://thegreenman.net.au/mt/archives/000162.html )

anyway

Things i loved;
    The rides.
    The entertainment.
    the sun.
    The storms were fun too.
    The food.
    All the big huge americans making me look slim

Things I hated.

No smoking.
    The queing.
    The timeshare tour.
    People just walking into me constantly in the parks.
    Stupid rules, like me having to show my passport to prove I'm over 21 in pleasure island I'm 34 and I look it.

all in all we loved the whole holliday and only one argument with each other too (quite amazing)

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by chrisj

I try to only ever smoke when im on my own, at home I always go into the garden. I just think its nice
    because my wife doesnt smoke and so I wouldnt expect her to put up with it. But thats just me.

Mind you I like what you say about the land of sueing, next year can I sue all the americans that just
    bump into me for damage hehehehe .

The thing with smoking is that it is slowly being phased out anyway, so its something that will only get
    worse, at least the parks provide the odd area, in New York you cant smoke in public anywhere
    I don't have a big thing against smoking...its something I've never done myself....if someone visits and wants the odd smoke indoors...I don't say no...but I'm happier if they go outside......

Florida Savvy
    I agree and I am a smoker but I and my husband also smoker do not smoke in the house at home due to the kids and it does not hurt to go to a set smoking area and not inflict it on the people who have never picked up the very bad habit and it also does not hurt to wait a while if you are somewhere that does not have a smoking area
    Always think of others as well
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chrizzy

Well if the invite is still on for the barbie, I would have a smoke before we got to your
    villa, I would not dare smoke inside or even outside as I think this rude. As you are a
    non smoker I would wait until after we had left as I would respect your non smoking
    views. Take into account we had a 9 hour flight without a smoke, so its not that hard
    to hold off for a few hours.

So reserve a nice burger please
    Chrisj

Chrisj, all villa owners permit people to smoke on the decking area, so you will be fine when you visit Chrizzy.
    Carla