Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks of laughs

Florida Savvy
    Yes i agree why should any of us non smokers suffer from other peoples smoke i can see what your saying there floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sunshine

You dont suffer mine, which is what ive been saying on this thread, Yes I smoke and I know
    others do not, so I go out of my way to smoke away from others, because I appreciate people
    who do not smoke, do not like the smell etc.

Chrisj

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Sorry for my strong words everyone - as I said I am an ex smoker - they always say these are the most anti-smokers .

No offence intended to anyone .

Gold 5 Star Member
    John/Sarah

None taken at all, I agree with your views which is why I keep saying as a Smoker I go out
    of my way to smoke away from everyone as I appreciate others views. Afraid im not a veggie
    but thats another subject
    Chrisj

Florida Junior
    Just thought I would add my thoughts on the smoking debate: as the theme parks are a child orientated environment, they should remain as child friendly as possible, and smoking should be banned, end of story. If people can manage the 9 hour flight without lighting up, then they should be able to spend a few hours in the parks without doing so. Even outside, smoke can linger and there is nothing worse than enjoying a family day out and having other people's smoke inflicted upon you. When a person is a visitor to Florida, the local customs and regulations should be repected. If some Brits feel they can just act as they would anywhere else, then they will end up contaminating a beautiful part of the world with smoking, fag ends, litter, drunken behaviour etc as they already done in much of the Mediterranean resorts.
    The American people seem to take such a pride in their environment, when do you ever see litter on the streets or dog excrement in Floridian resorts like you do on the Med or in the U.K.
    Just my opinion, of course, and everyone is entitled to their own, so no offence meant.

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by TotallyAngelic

Just thought I would add my thoughts on the smoking debate: as the theme parks are a child orientated environment, they should remain as child friendly as possible, and smoking should be banned, end of story. If people can manage the 9 hour flight without lighting up, then they should be able to spend a few hours in the parks without doing so. Even outside, smoke can linger and there is nothing worse than enjoying a family day out and having other people's smoke inflicted upon you. When a person is a visitor to Florida, the local customs and regulations should be repected. If some Brits feel they can just act as they would anywhere else, then they will end up contaminating a beautiful part of the world with smoking, fag ends, litter, drunken behaviour etc as they already done in much of the Mediterranean resorts.
    The American people seem to take such a pride in their environment, when do you ever see litter on the streets or dog excrement in Floridian resorts like you do on the Med or in the U.K.
    Just my opinion, of course, and everyone is entitled to their own, so no offence meant.
    I must admit I don't miss the shopping bags and dog muck on the beach....you see very little litter.....and apart from around the building sites..I see very few fag ends......

[quote]quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Nelly:

You were the one who made the big play about the smoking issue in the first place.

I don't think the selfish acts of the minority of smokers is pathetic at all - I don't want to get cancer as a result of breathing in other people's smoke .

Originally posted by nelly

and all you see is the smoking thing!
    pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A STRONG REPLY BE WARNED!

Im with John and Sarah on this.

Welldone to Chrisj he is a responsible guy.

SOME (not all!) of you smokers are an arrogant irresponsible bunch!

Why should us healthy, sweet smelling non smokers have to put up with smokers foul smelling, second hand, desease inducing breath and smoke!

In my view you should be made to go into a sealed smoking room (like they have at many International Airports now) and smoke in sealed privacy.

If you want to know why I feel so strongly about this issue its because my 2 year old baby girl has a gene deficiency and if she inhales second hand smoke from irresponsible smokers like you nelly IT SHORTENS HER LIFE - END OF STORY!

YOU HAVE A CHOICE SHE DOES NOT - SO GO SMOKE IN PRIVATE!

Florida Expert
    Who walked into who? Did you see them coming through your shades?[8D][msncool]
    quote:Originally posted by chrisj

I know what you mean about the americans walking into you, this drove me up the wall and at one point
    my wife could see I had had enough and was about to blow my top, but being a woman managed to change the
    subject and take my mind off it. I suppose the only consolation is they apologise nicely, just wish
    they would look where they are going in the first place.

As for smoking, Im a smoker and I didnt mind having to find somewhere to smoke, but I can see your point.

Timeshare people, mmmm should be outlawed in my opinion, The queues well not really a way around that
    unless your famous.

At least you had a good time and thats all that matters

Florida Expert
    Do you use a car to get to Disney etc?.... Get my point.[V]
    PS I am a non smoker but let us remember we are doing the air quality no good in our cars but we still do it without a thought for others
    quote:Originally posted by sunshine state

Yes i agree why should any of us non smokers suffer from other peoples smoke i can see what your saying there floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Gold 5 Star Member
    As a lifelong anti-smoking person, I feel that I have to comment on this smoking issue. It is a disgusting, nauseating habit and I have no sympathy whatsoever to smokers who complain about not being allowed to indulge in their filthy habit. Triple Kudos for evey place in Orlando or anywhere else) which does not allow smoking. As someone said, most of us are non-smokers and why should we be forced to inhale other people's foul breath? I don't think any place is obliged to make the slightest allowances to smokers and if they feel upset about it....tough! Fortunately, more and more places are getting anti-smoking and I hope the day comes when this becomes universal. Also, the penalty for those who smoke (indoors or outdoors) in places that they are not supposed to should be draconian rather than a tap on the wrist.
    Nostromo