Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks of laughs

I have to admit to coming out on the anti-smoking camp (as an ex-smoker). There are clearly designated areas and i just think that it is rude to light up wherever you are outside. I have to say I think that this is a typically "Brist Abroad" problem. In America there are common anti-smoking in public area legislation, in many of the States. This is also actually getting more common in the UK.

Anyway it just seems typical of some people, lighting up because they can't see the harm and they can do it back at home, so why not here.

i know it is a really petty point, but it is also in-line with packing your luggage full of food that you can't get abroad, etc. That is the whole point of going abroad.

I think you should engage and adopt the customs of the places you are visiting, "When in Rome,...".

Besides, I am not convinced about the secondary smoking problems in the big outdoors, but I just don't like the smell or seeing cigarette butts around the place.

I would agree that there are some particular peculiarities in the States when it comes to gun laws, but that doesn't justify not respecting their laws and customs on other issues.

Florida Junior
    <<i know it is a really petty point, but it is also in-line with packing your luggage full of food that you can't get abroad, etc. That is the whole point of going abroad.>>

Sorry, but there's no way I'm going without my Tetley teabags I remember US tea from a visit to LA, and it was - in my humble opinion - yuck [xx(]!

Elaine

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Elaine311

<<i know it is a really petty point, but it is also in-line with packing your luggage full of food that you can't get abroad, etc. That is the whole point of going abroad.>>

Sorry, but there's no way I'm going without my Tetley teabags I remember US tea from a visit to LA, and it was - in my humble opinion - yuck [xx(]!

Elaine
    They sell Tetley teabags up here in Mass....don't they in Fl......

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Carla

Chrisj, all villa owners permit people to smoke on the decking area, so you will be fine when you visit Chrizzy.
    I'm not doing rentals with our Villa carla...so he'll be OK.....I don't have to keep the place smoke free....I will let one person smoke and not send them outside alone.....but I'm happier if they don't mind going outside.....

Gold 5 Star Member
    hehehe

Well I would go outside as its a matter of respecting your house, also when I was at the Villa we rented
    I would go out the front and smoke. If it was raining I would smoke quickly. I used an empty coke can for
    the ash and fag butt and then tied this up in a nappy bag and put it in the trash
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by chrisj

hehehe

Well I would go outside as its a matter of respecting your house, also when I was at the Villa we rented
    I would go out the front and smoke. If it was raining I would smoke quickly. I used an empty coke can for
    the ash and fag butt and then tied this up in a nappy bag and put it in the trash
    I'll remember to keep you a few coke cans.......hehehehehe

Gold 5 Star Member
    thanks Chrizzy

Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    and all you see is the smoking thing!
    pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    sorry nelly ??
    Chrisj

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Nelly:

You were the one who made the big play about the smoking issue in the first place.

I don't think the selfish acts of the minority of smokers is pathetic at all - I don't want to get cancer as a result of breathing in other people's smoke .

quote:Originally posted by nelly

and all you see is the smoking thing!
    pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!