Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Ideas for Florida 'reception'

Florida Newbie

Ideas for Florida 'reception'

We will be having a small wedding ceremony at Celebration Golf Club in May and were trying to come up with ideas of what to do after as a reception for 10-15 people. Where would you suggest we have a meal and what could we do after for something fun?

Thanks!!

Florida Expert
    Are you including the Bride and Groom in the 10-15 people? surely they will organise their own bit of fun[msnwink][msnembarrased]

I'm assuming that Rroo IS the bride or groom!![msnwink][:P]

Liz

Can the Golf club not offer anything for you? Other than that, there are nice restaurants in Celebration, or you could head over to Disney -Downtown or pleasure Island -son't know what kind of "Fun" you are looking for?! Best wishes and Good Luck!

Florida Expert
    You could eat somewhere in CityWalk and then move on to the bars situated around CityWalk for the rest of the afternoon/evening, depends on ages I suppose.
    There could even be an event on at Hard Rock which you could attend as a 'reception'.

Another option would be to see what the House of Blues is doing that night, they often have live acts playing (some well known names), and eat there or somewhere else in Downtown Disney. I'm sure a bit of fun could also be had in Pleasure Island where they have a comedy club and also the Adventurers Club for something a bit different.

It depends on how far you want to travel between 'food' and 'fun' because you could eat anywhere and then move on to somewhere completely different for the 'fun' aspect.

Age range would defintely narrow the options slightly.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don't know what time the wedding is but there's Columbia's and Cafe Dantonio in Clebration.

If you want a bit more special then there's the gaylord Palms who do a beautiful lunch and evening buffet at the villa di flora and it's not too far away.Hotel boardwalk has some nice restaurants and evening entertainment too and again not too far away from Celebration.

Orlandobabe

Hi Rroo,

Our son got married at the Disney wedding pavillion back in May and after cake and champagne at the Grand Floridian (all part of the package) we went to the Columbia restaurant in Celebration for a meal. I organized the meal via the internet. The food was lovely and the service was great.
    They have a wide range of set menus available for weddings but are happy to make changes or do a completely customised one to suite your requirements which is what we did.

We didn't have a seperate room we just ate on one long table in the restaurant (there were 15 of us) but it was around 5.30pm on a Thursday so we were the only people in there. I've got a photo but its too big to post, I will try and resize it and post it later. I bought wedding bubbles and silk rose petals from Michaels craft shop which one of our guests used to decorate the table while we were having photo's taken outside. We were going to organise flowers for the table but in the end we just used the Bride's and the Bridesmaids bouquets placed down the centre.

Do be aware that Mothers Day is in May in Florida so if you want real flowers and your wedding day is that weekend or just before you may have problems. I tried to organise corsages for myself and the brides mum and button holes for the dad's and the other guests when we were in Florida in January and was told by the Florist in Celebration she could only do silk for the Thursday as it was Mothers Day on the Sunday and she would be too busy!! It might have been a different story if we were ordering the bouquets as well but we had those provided by Disney. I ended up buying some roses and gypsophilia from Wal Mart and making them myself!

We had planned to go to Pleasure Island in the evening but instead we all ended up back at our villa drinking champagne and playing pool and air hockey until the newly weds left for their honeymoon at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We all had a wonderful day and I wouldn't have changed a thing.
    Julie

I agree with you JULIE we went to COLUMBIA last january for my husbands birthday and it was very good food and a little bit special .
    The staff were very friendly and made us welcome ,It was the farmers exibition at the convention centre and they all go there each january so as well to book as they can get booked up special times cannot wait to go back .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Wow, great ideas! Columbia sounds great.

Thanks so much everyone!

Hopefully here are a couple of pictures as promised.

This was us enjoying our meal at the Columbia, the Bride and Groom are hiding behind the 2 bridesmaids at the front of the picture. The dessert that is being served was the Columbias special 100th Anniversary dessert which was absolutley delicious, a combination of sponge soaked in sherry, coated in meringue topped with strawberries in syrup and then flambed with liquer at the table and served flaming. The portions were huge and half the desserts ended up being taken home for later! Our daughter (the bridesmaid with dark hair) is allergic to wheat and dairy so she had plain strawberries instead, they were enormous.

This is Andrew and Kirsty on the bridge across he street from the Cloumbia, sunglasses would have spoilt the look but the sun was very bright hence the squinting
    Julie