Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO DISNEY

Florida Expert

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO DISNEY

There, I've admitted it in public so to speak.

Me and my family have been to Florida on a regular basis for years, yet we have never been to Disneyworld. The first year we went the kids said they were a bit 'old' for Disney (street cred and all that). Ever since then we have always been doing other things. Next time we go though we have made a promise to ourselves that we will go and check it out.

It always gets a surprised reaction if I mention it to friends and family. Is there anywhere in Orlando that you mean to visit and dont??

Mary

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I have never been to MGM studio, it is 5 years since we visited a Disney park and that was Animal Kingdom, before that it was 1989 the last time I went to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and we visit Florida around 5 times a year. Not all Florida lovers love Disney
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
    There, I've admitted it in public so to speak.

Me and my family have been to Florida on a regular basis for years, yet we have never been to Disneyworld. The first year we went the kids said they were a bit 'old' for Disney (street cred and all that). Ever since then we have always been doing other things. Next time we go though we have made a promise to ourselves that we will go and check it out.

It always gets a surprised reaction if I mention it to friends and family. Is there anywhere in Orlando that you mean to visit and dont??

[/quote]

I have American friends who live in FL up to 6 months of the year...and they have never been to Disney..not even with their grandkids..its not the done thing in some parts..its like holidaying in Blackpool.............

I want to go to Gatorland......I've been waiting for 14 years to go.......

Florida Expert
    Glad to know I may not be classed as 'the strange one' then. Wonder how many more will make a confession !
    Mary

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We've never been to Sea World (or at least I have but that was 19 years ago - or thereabouts).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
    Glad to know I may not be classed as 'the strange one' then. Wonder how many more will make a confession !
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Shock, horror...swoon!!!! Disney seen by some as Blackpool[:O][:O]
    You are no doubt right, and folk are absolutely entitled to their thoughts.....but not sure I could miss a Disney fix when in Florida, even if it was only 1 visit!!! If I ever manage JUST 1 visit during my holiday I will post it on here I am sure [msnwink]
    We met some "middle-aged" Florida residents when riding Soarin on a preview in April this year, and they said they go to a Disney park MOST weekends!! Not neccessarily to go round ALL the rides, but to go to a special event that may be on within the parks! I believe that particular evening they were going to see some band perform in Epcot [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    Shock, horror...swoon!!!! Disney seen by some as Blackpool[:O][:O]
    You are no doubt right, and folk are absolutely entitled to their thoughts.....but not sure I could miss a Disney fix when in Florida, even if it was only 1 visit!!! If I ever manage JUST 1 visit during my holiday I will post it on here I am sure [msnwink]
    We met some "middle-aged" Florida residents when riding Soarin on a preview in April this year, and they said they go to a Disney park MOST weekends!! Not neccessarily to go round ALL the rides, but to go to a special event that may be on within the parks! I believe that particular evening they were going to see some band perform in Epcot [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

A lot of the people here go to Europe...I think they think Europe is one big theme park......

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've never done the countries at Epcot. Only been to Epcot once, and it rained most of that day, so never finished seeing it.
    Teresa

Florida Expert
    Wow, just noticed my avatar is on there - if it was you Tezz you are a star - now I feel more like part of the family. Thank you Thank you.

Sea World is an absolute MUST for me - at least 3 visits there each time we go to Florida. I love the feel of the place.
    Mary

Florida Expert
    Just found out that Blott did my avatar for me. I love it, hope everyone else does. Cheers to all, I'm going to celebrate now.[beer]
    Mary