Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptops

Florida Newbie

Laptops

I am thinking of buying a new laptop and would like your advice. Are they good value in florida? where are the best bargins and most of all do they work in the UK.

Hope you can help
    pp

Hi Patrick,

We have thought about this in the past and it may be possible to buy from some manufacturers and confirm that any warranty would be internationally recognised, however if something goes wrong you may find it difficult to actually get any warranty honoured - obviously dependant on the company.

All in all I would have thought that the potential risks wouldn't outweigh the benefits, especially as you would need to declare it upon your return and pay any duty and VAT necessary.

Just as a thought, to give you an idea of cost comparisons you could build identical systems on dell.co.uk and dell.com and see what the comparison is.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    If you're looking for an off the shelf one try the walmart web site and compare prices. the advantage of this is that if something does go wrong you can take it back to asda over here. we bought a camera, mp3 etc -we found that not only were the prices better the spec tends to be better too. good luck

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mind you Dell have some very good offers on at the moment, you might be better to buy one from there whilst at home in the UK.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    I bought my kids a laptop from Dell UK at the begining of this year and it cost me £299. Great laptop and ideal for the kids.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I considered the same options as MTP above and came to the same conclusions; there isn't a huge difference in prices, particularly from Dell.

Florida Expert
    If you ask me Dell is great value for money. You may want to think about an extended warranty. Laptops are expensive to repair and for example if the backlight on the TFT screen fails it can cost as much as £200.00
    Nic

Florida Chatterbox
    Dell offer good deals in the US and here at home in the UK, very good value.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2016.aspx

There are plenty of good deals out there. Acer is a good make we also like the Sony Vaio range. We currently have a HP and had no problems, and then as said above you can get Dell at some great rates also. Have a search around the web to see which one takes your fancy.

Gold 5 Star Member
    One thing to watch for if you do buy a US laptop is the keyboard. US keyboards are often subtly different and if you touch type it will drive you crazy.
    Steve