Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Globespan

Globespan

Just wondering if anyone else had heard about this?:

Apparently their 757 isn't operational, or won't be over Christmas/New Year, so they are using a 737 on the Orlando/Glasgow route. It will need to stop in Newfoundland to refuel and doesn't have the business class seats or payload for upgraded weight allowance.
    Euan

A 737!!! That's madness, the longest flight I ever did on a 737 was London-Athens[msnoo]

I do know they are using a 737-800 on a weight restricted basis via Iceland on the Manchester-Toronto route too, apparently they are short of 767's as one has blown a slide so they are using the 757 for those routes and using the 737 in place of the 757[msneek]

I have not checked the milage but I would not be surprised if the 737 need to stop twice for fuel depending on the load[msnscared]

We landed at NEW FOUNDLAND GANDA AIRPORT and it is only a small one there is a lounge and a small cafe ,We had problems with our plane It was a company called RICH INTERNATIONAL and had been a commercial plane for a long time .If you have to get out put a jumper on or jacket very cold brrrr and we were glad of a drink
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    My mam and dad had to land and refuel at Goose Bay which is an air force base[:O]

Florida Junior
    Sorry folks but this is typical Globespan. Im in the business and i have had dealings with them, i would not fly with them. Draw your own conclusions.[msnoo]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    10 Hours+ in a 737!!!! No Thanks, I would rather walk. [msnscared]
    The reward when you arrive might be OK. [msnsmile2]
    But you would'nt look forward to the return flight.[V][V]
    mike

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi MTP,

Did Globespan confirm this as we are flying Business Class with them in December on a 767-300. They did advise that flights have been consolidated and there are touch downs in Belfast due to operational reasons.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
    Just wondering if anyone else had heard about this?:

Apparently their 757 isn't operational, or won't be over Christmas/New Year, so they are using a 737 on the Orlando/Glasgow route. It will need to stop in Newfoundland to refuel and doesn't have the business class seats or payload for upgraded weight allowance.
    [/quote]
    WR

Florida Chatterbox
    We have recently had our December flight with them cancelled,due to operational reasons,also our outgoing flight in February has been brought forward by a day and they cannot tell us when the return flight will be,i think they are in trouble,and i will certainly not be booking with them again,direct from Glasgow or not.
    [url]http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1956.aspx[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    We have recently had our December flight with them cancelled,due to operational reasons,also our outgoing flight in February has been brought forward by a day and they cannot tell us when the return flight will be,i think they are in trouble,and i will certainly not be booking with them again,direct from Glasgow or not.
    [url]http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1956.aspx[/url]

Florida Junior
    They are always in trouble. I would not trust them to run a whelk stall and even less so if the whelk stall needed any kind of maintenance or any repairs.