Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Course recomendations

Florida Newbie

Golf Course recomendations

Myself and three buddies will be staying at southern dunes for eight days at the end of November. anybody got any recomendations for golf courses that we should play. Our handicaps range from a very good 10 to a useful 17.We have already decided that Orange county, both courses,will be on our list, no doubt we will play southern dunes as it is in our backyard, while Remington is supposed to be fun to play. While we don't want to pay an absolute fortune on green fees we are prepared to pay more than we normally would in Ireland, maximum about $100. We are probably prepared to travel up to an hour from home so this should give us lots to choose from. Also any tips on getting deals would be appreciated.
    Thanks in anticipation.

There is one on MARRIOTTS ON INTERNATIONAL DRIVE it was designed by NICK FALDO and is very popular with the americans and tourist do not know price but it will be on web site .
    The other we know is going past old town disney on your left turn left into FALCON ROAD and a little way do not know name of the course but lovly and quiet .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Legends further up 27 is worth the trip, you should be able to get on for $30-40 dollars each.
    Definately give Remington a shot, all you can practice, play and eat for $37 when I played in early October. Also includes soft drinks.

Have a good trip, wish I was playing too!
    Regards, Mark

Welcome Paul. My husband is a keen golfer and thoroughly recommends both courses at Orange County National, which he always plays. He also enjoys Southern Dunes and says it is a very pretty course, also look at Diamond Back past Southern Dunes, Grand Pines, and his favourites are at Mission Inn at Howey-in-the Hills where they have 2 courses.

If you want more info I can pick his brains! Check out OCN webpage as they do specials including lunch and a $25 voucher for the club shop, also look out for the booklets near the restaurants and at the outlets - they usually have offers for one course or another.
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    When we were out at Southern Dunes last month, my husband was recommended to try Bartow and Cleveland Heights at Lakeland.

I think they're both about three quarters of an hour drive away.

Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time to try them out, so can't speak from first hand experience.

He likes Southern Dunes best, but has also played Diamond Back a few times.
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for making me feel welcome and almost as important all the tips. I really appreciate those and any others that people care to give me.

Florida Junior
    you want to play harmony golf preserve and victoria hills they are two of the
    best golf courses in the orlando area or el campion at mission inn which is up
    us27

Harmony is beautiful. Best course I have played but cost about $70.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Champions gate is also an excellent course. Quick tip go on Southern Dunes website and subscribe to the specials section, you sould get some decent offers.
    Steve
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-748.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Harmony and Mission hills seems to be toping the poll at the moment. What with Orange County, Remington and Southern Dunes already in the frame it looks like we won't get aroung to playing nearly enough of what sounds like wonderful courses. More reason to plan a return visit I guess. I am still open to any other suggestions. Personally I wouldn't mind giving Bay Hill a go but I believe it is by invitation only. Maybe another time. Thanks Stavros for the tip on Southern Dunes, I did what you said and have a $10 discount coupon for up to four green fees at a time. Every little bit helps.