Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel City Direct

Florida Expert

Travel City Direct

I know their reputation hasn't been the best in the past, but does anyone have any recent experiences of using TCD?

Price Wise they are much much cheaper than anyone else for the dates we are travelling.

Hi,

We flew with them this year, and found nothing wrong with them , this was our third time
    and we will book again with them for next year. We did not have seat back tv's but overhead
    screens, but that did not bother us. We did however pre book our seats beforehand. The flight was great we got there in about 8 1/2 hours. We have never had a problem with them.
    Hope this is of some help.

Florida Chatterbox
    search for TCD on the search option above - they have been discussed LOADS of times before.

I have never flown with them myself - my friends have, and they did not like them[msnsad]

Happy searching[clap]
    Caz

We flew with my travel last time to florida and they were great it was a large plane with toilets down stairs they have ony got 2 of theses plane and they had a lot of problems in the past so mybe theyare all trying harder .Not flown with with TC but a lot on the furum have so you will get answers here .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Savvy
    we flew with them aug 05, man - sanford
    quite cheap but make it up with over priced car insurance which on principal i dont agree with.
    however they sometimes have very good pricing.
    i would say slightly worn aircraft but decent seat pitch, probably better than virgin.
    prefer virgin because planes are a little less worn but the big advantage is landing at mco which is only 25 mins from our villa.
    going this nov with virgin flight only , uscarhire of course.

bushbaby

We have travelled with them twice and found them OK. We were delayed by about and hour and a half on one return journedy but that was because of weather conditions in the UK. Last time we had an offer on an upgrade and went upstairs. That was great and was well worth the £85. When making comparisons you do need to add in the car hire prices but even so they have worked out cheaper for us. Having said that look out for special offers from Virgin. We are going with them this November

Hope this is helpful
    Lynne

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We've flown with them and it was OK but a bit crowded for me. Prices are good though. We did have a "road rage" incident with some drunks but i couldn't put that down to the airline.
    On balance if they turned out to be the cheapest I'd probably go with them again.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi we flew tcd july this year and all went very well,we had a delay coming home but that was due to on the flight out someone was taken seriously ill and the plane had to be diverted to another airport.
    The crew were very helpful and couldnt so enough for you,entertainment okay but after 9 hours you dont want to be glued to the screen anyway,food not to complain about,and of course if you like to take up the free drinks on board ,unlimitless,but if youre picking up a car at the end wouldnt recommend it.No problems with the plane at all.
    We are flying to turkey with excel next year,which is tcd as well,and back to florida 2008 with tcd,hope this helps you a bit planning your holiday[msncool]
    kitty

I go with them all the time, and yes the planes are old, but the engines are not, I upgrade to first class, so I get priority boarding, 40KG baggage allowance, and 45 or 50 inch seat pitch, all for the price of a normal economy seat in virgin or BA, I am going for 2 weeks in November and it costing us £700 each for car hire and First class.the old TCD service was the pits, as it used to be charterd fron Air Atlantique, but since Excel have taken over the crew and service are extremely good, I like going into Sanford, as you are in and out in 30 minutes,and if it's a 747, they do it in about 8 to 9 hours and about 7 to 8 coming back, we also are given one of those personel computers to keep us occupied, but we have no kids, so it might be different for others.

Alan

Florida Newbie
    I flew with TCD on the 23rd Sept and home 7th Oct.Manchester - Sanford,no problems at all.Outbound,delay of 5 whole mins.Inflight entertainment was good,not excellent,food was nice IMO and im a fussy eater.Service was very good,always there to help.

Before i flew with TCD i was quite down with what i had been reading about them.But my experience with them was very pleasent and im booking with them again in the next few days.I've read people say,you get what you pay for...This in my experience is wrong,i paid cheap and recived quality.