Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read this First!

Administrator

Read this First!

Before posting a question in this section about car rental, please review previous posts and also read our FAQ (link below) to check it has not already been answered.

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/Faq.aspx

If you still have an unanswered question then feel free to post on the forum. We update our FAQ frequently, so any new questions answered on the forum are usually added to the FAQ.

If you think important information is missing from the FAQ let us know so we can add it.

Florida Expert
    We generally rent a 7 seater from here , this year however for the first ten days there are only three of us and more of the family will join us for the last ten days, would it be better value to get a 4 seater and change after 10 days or should we go with the 7 seater for the whole holiday ? Is it still impossible to rent a sat nav if you live in the Irish Republic or could it be forwarded to the US villa address. We dont need it for all the holiday just when we venture to St Augustine and places like that . I know Dollar sometimes have them but there is a chance they may have none .
    Olive

You can do quotes for this on the car hire website http://www.floridahire.com/ but remember that you get best value for whole weeks (blocks of 7 days) and you are also paying for a tank of fuel when you hire the car, whether included with the gold option or extra with the silver option, so make sure you take that into account
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    hello i posted a a question on another topic yesterday but it seems to have disappeared!! i was enquired about your rates for 21 year old drivers where can you choose another company in their gold package as USave are no longer trading and pay a £50 extra per week surcharge for the young persons drivers package is this still available? thank you [msnsmile2]

Question for Rodger.

On the Dollar website they guarantee the lowest rate available & if lower rate found elsewhere then they will give you for 10% less that the lower rate found elsewhere.

Assuming this to be the case isn't USCarHire.co.uk by default then more expensive?

Explanation?

Administrator
    This relates to Dollars rental-only rates. Even if they sold at our rates minus 10% then when you get there they would load on the taxes, insurances and surcharges, so overall you'd pay around double our rates.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TForde
    Question for Rodger.

On the Dollar website they guarantee the lowest rate available & if lower rate found elsewhere then they will give you for 10% less that the lower rate found elsewhere.

Assuming this to be the case isn't USCarHire.co.uk by default then more expensive?

Explanation?[/quote]

Hi Roger
    I usually book our car direct with Dollar, but the last time we got a car from them it was terrible. So this time i decided to try uscar hire and to my surprise uscar hire were a £125.00 cheaper than dollar direct and uscar were fully loaded and no extras.
    But give them their due so were Dollar. It was so easy and quick, paperwork came on the e-mail and very strait forward at the MCO airport. No messing about what so ever.

So guess what i will be booking again with Uscar hire.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Pat Grocott

Florida Newbie
    I and my family have been travelling to the US for nearly 30 years. I sometimes trawl the net to compare car hire deals, but always end up using UScarhire. I go with Dollar as an express card holder, even though this year they were a few pounds dearer than Alamo. The express card is a must, and this Feb our family (2 adults + 3 children) made it from touchdown to freeway @ Orlando Intl. in 45 minutes - a record for us!
    [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    Travelling to Florida in May.

Looking to hire a SUV but would prefer to get LWB 8 seater. This doesn't appear to be an option on USCARHIRE.

Will I be safe in going for a 7 seater SUV considering there are 7 of us to include a 7YO a 5YO and 2YO. Just a tad worried about luggage.

Also will I get hassle regarding child seats? The plan is to avoid renting car seats and more or less drive to the nearest Walmart and buy them.

Any advice appreciated.

Florida Savvy
    Hi Roger
    can you advise as to what the position is regarding car hire and the delays due to the 'volcano'
    I have a guest travelling tomorrow we hope
    i r j taylor