Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take your swimsuit!

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We have lots of Gators in the lakes between the villas at Crescent Lakes (where both of our villas are).

You can see them basking in the sun on the banks of the lakes wheh it is warm - obviously keep your distance from them and don't do anything to annoy them and they will be perfectly ok.

Florida Chatterbox
    As well as Gatorland, I think there used to be a "gator park" on the US192 but I'm not sure if it's still there? Gatorland is a fun place to spend a half day and at the back, there is a more "natural" setting where you can watch the gators from a viewing tower. It's a long time since I've been to Gatorland so my memory is a bit hazy!

Gillian
    Gillian

Gold 5 Star Member
    I can vouch for the gators in the lakes at Crescent lakes, we were there 2 weeks ago
    and saw quite a few in the lake behind the villa we stayed in.

Chris
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    This is a great play area but when we were ther my little girl wanted to play on the slides next to it. Unfortunately they were red hot as they are in the sun and she could not go on!

Florida Newbie
    On the subject of taking swimsuit to this park - I think it's a good idea to take and wear swimsuits to all the parks. If you're going on a ride that you know you're going to get wet you can quickly whip off your t-shirt and know that at least you'll have something dry to put on later. If you don't get wet at the parks then at least you'll be ready to jump straight into the pool as soon as you arrive back home to the hotel or villa!

Gold 5 Star Member
    We did that with our 2 kids, They had swim suits on in the parks and we had a change
    of clothes left in the car so they could change for the journey home. We thought we were
    really clever doing this.

Afraid we forgot about ourselves the first day, which was funny. But from then on we always
    had a small bag in the boot with a fresh tshirt/shorts each
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    I so must go to GaterlandNever been, even with about 14 trips to the area, shame on me [msnscared]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    I so must go to GaterlandNever been, even with about 14 trips to the area, shame on me [msnscared]
    [/quote]

It is a really worthwhile visit for about 4 hours. If you have a late evening flight, an idea would be to clear out of the villa after breakfast, go to Gatorland for a few hours and then continue to the airport.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    What a good idea Nostromo, Thanks

Florida Expert
    We went to Gatorland for the first time this year in June (only taken us 17 years). We thoroughly enjoyed it's a great half day out and you can get your ticket upgraded to a yearly pass for a few dollars. We will definately be popping back there in September for a few hours.